GAS Alert!!!!

MikeW said:
Where have you been all my life, Beautiful?? I'm quickly becoming a fan of Roasted Maple necks with no flame or birdseye in them. I really like how the grain contrasts after cooking. With SS frets and some chrome tuners? Wow.

I happen to agree with you, I love this look.  Have you played a raw roasted maple neck?  How does it feel?

ghotiphry said:
MikeW said:
Where have you been all my life, Beautiful?? I'm quickly becoming a fan of Roasted Maple necks with no flame or birdseye in them. I really like how the grain contrasts after cooking. With SS frets and some chrome tuners? Wow.

I happen to agree with you, I love this look.  Have you played a raw roasted maple neck?  How does it feel?

I haven't tried one yet, and the current project would look great with that neck. I'm tempted to pull the trigger but the finances just won't allow it at the moment.

What I really need to do is to stop searching the showcase.
:doh:

Wow, that's exceptional! Too bad I'm not into Teles. And it's probably fullsize as well I imagine ... I always keep an lookout in the 7/8ths department.

Yeah, it's quite a piece, isn't it? Judging by the radius of those growth rings, it must have been a huge tree that veneer was cut from.

This guy:
SN18692B.jpg

and/or this guy in Baritone scale would be hard to resist:
sn18980B.jpg

treyhaislip said:
Lots of crazy quilt and flame maple appearing in the showcase right now, but walnut's nice...

Well, somebody bought it! Hope to see what they do with it here in the forum.

If they need inspiration, here's ironically a very similar Fender Custom Shop Tele...

series-artisan.jpg

Just goes to show everyone's different. I've seen that shape of bridge before and I don't dislike it but it doesn't grab me either. But that's a good thing, variety being the spice of life...

We had a few fender custom shop guitars with those bridged at the boutique guitar shop i used to work at, and they really feel nice, but i don't really like them. I prefer the gotoh tele bridge, personally.

Man, oh, man, if anyone has ever contemplated a custom flamed koa build, your piece has come in! (LT1997)

LT1997a.jpg

Back