GAS Alert!!!!

Various types of cedar can end up looking like that, too, and that is frequently called a mahogany.

There's actually only three or four species which can be called genuine mahogany, but forty or so specieis which can be referred to as 'a' mahogany. They all vary quite wildly and as far as guitar building goes, there is very little correlation between the cost/scarcity of the wood and the tonal or visual qualities. This is the big #1 reason why cheaper mahogany guitars—Epiphones, Agiles, the occasional Squier, and so on—can vary so much in weight and tone between similar models, while with something like a PRS or Gibson, you have a better idea of what you're going to end up with.

Really, when it comes to higher-end guitars, broad terms like simply 'mahogany' shouldn't be used, because all it is doing is giving people an easy way to pass off cheaper cuts of wood at a premium.

WOW.

ctvp157C.jpg

I think it's nice with the black binding. It's subtle, and it gives it a Scheter sort of feel.
It's funny i say that, cause most of my guitars are far from subtle  :laughing7:

Does this satin finished strat body from the showcase make anyone else want to make an impulse buy? damn...

ps10928d.jpg

Where have you been all my life, Beautiful?? I'm quickly becoming a fan of Roasted Maple necks with no flame or birdseye in them. I really like how the grain contrasts after cooking. With SS frets and some chrome tuners? Wow.

SN19028A.jpg

SN19028C.jpg

edit: fixed image url oopsie.

DangerousR6 said:
I call this one..."In Utero"... :dontknow:
SLCP58A.jpg

I'd call it "Devil's Advocate"
I see someone with a thick set of ram horns on his head, wearing a cloak, with his hands crossed in front of him.  :evil4:

Timmsie95 said:
DangerousR6 said:
SLCP58A.jpg

I see someone with a thick set of ram horns on his head, wearing a cloak, with his hands crossed in front of him.  :evil4:

I'm going to do my geek thing here and say that I immediately thought of Sephiroth from Final Fantasy VII... Although the wood grain image blows away late 90s polygon graphics!

Verne Bunsen said:
Timmsie95 said:

I'm going to do my geek thing here and say that I immediately thought of Sephiroth from Final Fantasy VII... Although the wood grain image blows away late 90s polygon graphics!

Ah, I see it too!
It's amazing what you can see in grain when you really look  :laughing7:

Timmsie95 said:
DangerousR6 said:
SLCP58A.jpg

I seen that too, but too many times "the Devil is in the details" pops out, I was trying to be somewhat humorous.... :evil4:

Timmsie95 said:
DangerousR6 said:
SLCP58A.jpg

Attachments

• Road to Halloween_ Top 5 Movie Devils _ We Eat Films(1).jpg
    Road to Halloween_ Top 5 Movie Devils _ We Eat Films(1).jpg
    41.2 KB · Views: 389
Back