GAS Alert!!!!

Here's one that's currently got me wishin' and hopin'...

:

MP496A.jpg

swarfrat said:
Another gorgeous example of that most lovely of woods:
BP2316C.jpg

I was eyeballing that a few pages back.  Too bad it's a front rout.  I still haven't bitten on anything...

I've been contemplating two possibilities vs ordering one up from the custom builder. I'm undecided at this point and need more time to consider.
bn6260A.jpg

bn6260B.jpg

bn6205A.jpg

bn6205B.jpg

These tempt me every time I look at them.

Attachments

• BP2103A (1).jpg
    BP2103A (1).jpg
    309.8 KB · Views: 382
  • BP2336A.jpg
    BP2336A.jpg
    293.2 KB · Views: 371
  • bp2328A.jpg
    bp2328A.jpg
    119.8 KB · Views: 390
AutoBat said:
I've been contemplating two possibilities vs ordering one up from the custom builder. I'm undecided at this point and need more time to consider.

Those are both attractive parts, but they're quite different from each other in appearance and probable sonic character. I would think the body and your anticipated use would dictate which would work better.

ghotiphry said:
These tempt me every time I look at them.

3 tempting bodies in the Showcase? That's weird. I usually have a tough time narrowing it down to 100 :laughing7:

That's a pretty wild piece, considering it's Rosewood and it's one-piece. Rosewood doesn't often have that much character. If it didn't have a Tele headstock, I'd be sorely tempted. Who cares about the house payment?

Speaking of wild, has this part been posted yet?

SN19485A.jpg

Ziricote over Wenge... somebody needs to save me from that one.

Yeah, a half-dozen or so necks with no-inlay ziricote boards on wenge shafts went up last week.  Such a shame to be cash-poor...

I still don't have a Bocote neck. Gonna have to do something about that one of these days.

I just can't warm up to bocote. To me it looks like someone tried to burn poplar and pass it of as an exotic.

Have you seen it in person?  Because in person it's anything but that.  The variegation is pretty somethin'-else-entirely.  That said, de gustibus non est disputandum, etc., etc.

No, I admit that I haven't. I guess when I make my pilgrimmage up to The Hardwood store for poplar I'll take a look - they usually have lots of exotics.

Back