GAS Alert!!!!

Hey, I never thought about that. Maybe I should put a Ford script decal on the headstock of my black Strat. :laughing11:

rgand said:
Hey, I never thought about that. Maybe I should put a Ford script decal on the headstock of my black Strat. :laughing11:

Why not indeed, you could have this :-

Ford Prefect

In flowing fender type script.  As well as a Ford Prefect being an old car it also would be a Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy reference, so you could have a serial number of 42. After some deep thought of course.

It might attract folks who might say...

"Hey, you sass that hoopy Ford Prefect? There's a frood who really knows where his towel is."

:icon_jokercolor:

Glimmer said:
stratamania said:
"There's a frood who really knows where his towel is."

A comment like that would really feather my goat! :confused4:

It's a quote of the character Zaphod Beeblebrox, you'd have to know the books or the BBC series of Hitchikers Guide to the Galaxy, but it's actually complimentary.

Ford Prefect. I'd forgotten all about The Hitchhikers Guide. Don't know if I'm ready for that. The serial number works, though. :icon_biggrin:

But the next serial no. after 42 would be "a suffusion of yellow."  Not sure how handy that would be for identifying a unique axe.

Sorry, I conflated my Douglas Adams universes.

In "The Long Dark Teatime of the Soul," the second novel concerning Dirk Gently's Holistic Detective Agency, he encounters an I-Ching calculator that returns "a suffusion of yellow" for any calculated result greater than 4.  So the joke falls apart ... alas.

I haven't read that one. Interesting that 43 is a dye number, that's sort of weird in itself.

It's going to be a while till I get through the whole Game of Thrones, boxed set my wife got me recently. But I'll put those other Douglas Adams, on the list.

Hitchhikers aside, bear in mind that this is a Ford Prefect:

ford-prefect_11882.jpg

It'd have to be some kind of serious hot rod guitar to live up to the name.

Fat Pete said:
Hitchhikers aside, bear in mind that this is a Ford Prefect:

ford-prefect_11882.jpg

It'd have to be some kind of serious hot rod guitar to live up to the name.
Gives grey a whole new meaning.

Ziricote anyone? Looks like some weird landscape.

On a different tack, how about a candy tangerine Regal?

In the flesh Warmoth's candy tangerine is just jaw-droppingly gorgeous - looks especially good on the curves where the reflection changes; a Regal is all curves.

Fat Pete said:
In the flesh Warmoth's candy tangerine is just jaw-droppingly gorgeous - looks especially good on the curves where the reflection changes; a Regal is all curves.

That is a gorgeous neck!

And you're right about the Candy Tangerine. Photos don't do it justice at all. I had Strat in that finish that was just stunning. Guy came over one day and had to buy it. Another one of those lovely situations where the man wouldn't take no for an answer, so it got priced where used Warmoths rarely end up  :laughing7:

rgand said:
That neck on that Regal would be a real looker.

I was just thinking that if you cut the headstock down to the Warhead shape, the combination would be a real killer.

Back