GAS Alert!!!!

Well, Regals are still being added to inventory - maybe just completing WIP.  I would sure love to pick one up, but the dough just ain't there.  Especially with three unfinished bodies in my work area waiting for me to get off my butt and make 'em happen.

Separately, this came up today - a rear-routed Tele routed for a trem with no pickups!  ROCK ON.  I'll be surprised if it's still there tomorrow. 

PT5465A.jpg

And this sexy mofo:

ctvp149A.jpg

You are thinking like I am. Thinking wood mount the pups.

What color hardware?
What headstock? Thinking Warhead or Vortex.

I was thinking of building a 7/8 Strat for the Sustainac build but I think this will be it.

If it were me, I'd go with 22, but my stubby fingers and personal taste really inhibit exploration of that last couple notes.  But good on you for getting the wife's buy-in on that body.  It's a beaut.

I have buy in from here. She said to also consider these 2.

Attachments

• ctvp149A.jpg
    ctvp149A.jpg
    204.2 KB · Views: 325
  • CTVP116A.jpg
    CTVP116A.jpg
    118.5 KB · Views: 362
  • CTVP124A.jpg
    CTVP124A.jpg
    205.3 KB · Views: 348
If it were me, I would go with the black one, second choice the zebrawood job.  But if it were only possible to get the purple one, well, hell, I wouldn't kick her outta bed just for eatin' crackers.

Don't know. The long light spot in the lower bout of the black one is real, not a reflection. It would be ordered if not for that,
and also my wife loves purple. I need this like a hole in my head. I have 2 bodies already that are not completed.
But as I reminded my wife, I have not had a NGD since 9/2013.

Well, when I had the chance to go balls-to-the-wall on a custom build, I decided to make it purple to suit a loved one's preferences, and this happened:

6681125479_1cf2df18fd_b.jpg

So by all means, go for it!

Ya know, now that I look at it, and Bagman has a point.

You can score a killer build and pay your Hallmark Tax ahead for many years to come by going with the Purple body.

:headbang:

I agree that the purple one has a much nicer piece of wood for the top. That one will really make an outstanding guitar. Good choice.

rgand said:
I agree that the purple one has a much nicer piece of wood for the top. That one will really make an outstanding guitar. Good choice.

It may also keep you out of "Dutch" with the Mrs. :icon_thumright:

Back