GAS Alert!!!!

Pelagaard said:
Why would you ever cover that body with a pickguard?

Like that $4,000 Suhr Tele above?  :icon_biggrin: I hear you, I'll definitely start without a pickguard and see if I like it, I'm thinking I will.

Guitarsan said:
2_zpswpxmdczu.jpg

All you pickguard haters bite your tongue. Just think of it as lingerie for your guitar. Sometimes a tiny bit of cover can spice things up. It certainly works here - especially with those P90's

Dammit.  Just, well, dammit.  Daddy wants.

Attachments

• bp2328A.jpg
    bp2328A.jpg
    119.8 KB · Views: 416
  • 20151222110010-9516.jpg
    20151222110010-9516.jpg
    285.9 KB · Views: 408
Guitarsan said:
....The Warmoth spalted maple top (last two photos) just haunted me - I've never seen a prettier one, except for maybe this one from Suhr...

Spalted will always be special to me because I started my Warmoth adventure with this body

However these days I have GAS for big hollow/semi hollow guitars like this

[youtube]YMYsnXp1OjA[/youtube]

Although something like this will always turn my head...

[youtube]e-iUA0vv_ds[/youtube]

Kostas said:
Guitarsan said:
....The Warmoth spalted maple top (last two photos) just haunted me - I've never seen a prettier one, except for maybe this one from Suhr...

Spalted will always be special to me because I started my Warmoth adventure with this body

However these days I have GAS for big hollow/semi hollow guitars like this.........

Pretty top!

And I own this semi-hollow....

PRS%20Gold%20wrap%20front_zpsavkn2fg9.jpg

FullSizeRender%206_zpsodwg8a84.jpg

Kostas said:
Guitarsan said:

Dude, that is killer fine.  AND, there is a vag1na in the finish, although obscured by the neck pickup rout.  You got a link to the finished product?

Kostas said:
Guitarsan said:

However these days I have GAS for big hollow/semi hollow guitars like this

[youtube]YMYsnXp1OjA[/youtube]

Although something like this will always turn my head...

[youtube]e-iUA0vv_ds[/youtube]
Ahhhhh, the spongy corky goodness that is spalted maple.... :icon_thumright:

vikingred said:
Dude, that is killer fine.  AND, there is a vag1na in the finish, although obscured by the neck pickup rout.  You got a link to the finished product?

The photo links in my original post doesn't work anymore, here are some photos. The guitar has changed over time.

MK I: Rosewood neck, S.D./Kinmann pickups

MK II: Same pickups, maple/pau ferro neck

MK III: Same neck, Suhr pickups

Kostas said:
vikingred said:

The photo links in my original post doesn't work anymore, here are some photos. The guitar has changed over time.

MK I: Rosewood neck, S.D./Kinmann pickups

MK II: Same pickups, maple/pau ferro neck

MK III: Same neck, Suhr pickups

This, is a CRAZY FINE guitar.  I like it as much as my spalted maple.  Such an "alive" body.  Wood wisdom.

I agree – that's a beautiful body. There must be a spalt maple guitar in my future (least, I hope :) ).

So I've been gas'ing for a green guitar for a while. I keep telling myself I'm going get a custom body but Warmoth keeps tempting me with gorgeous showcase pieces. This is #5 and she's headed my way.

rgand said:
Beautiful. With contours, too. :icon_thumright:

That may be the part I'm most excited about. Of five Warmoth bodies it will be the first with any comfort cuts and it has all three.  :cool01:

This seems as good a place as any for this image.  I've always been more of a Mary Ann man, myself.

tumblr_ni6miwp7fA1tsglw0o1_500.jpg

Back