GAS Alert!!!!

I especially like the fretboard on this one...

SN18159A.jpg

SN18159B.jpg

Can't handle those little sapwood spots, though.

But, gimme a minute... sometimes it's not love at first sight, but it grows  :icon_biggrin:

Ebony is a nice wood. On those, however, I'd want to dye the whole thing black. Like Cagey says, though, it might grow on you.

230px-Heterochromia.jpg

hmm ..  I usually like odd colorations.  But, I don't like those ebony boards for some reason.  Maybe it's the discoloration is uniform like a stripe or something.

I like the look of the ebony... And one things for sure it looks a lot better as a guitar than being left to rot in a forest as it wasn't black.

Bagman67 said:
Holy mackerel:

SN17778A.jpg

Possibly the prettiest neck I've ever seen in the showcase.

In the process of looking for something else entirely, I found this still waiting for a good home. Unbelievable. So, I snatched it up and I'm having the head re-cut to a Warhead. Don't know what I'm gonna do with it, but

abominable.jpg

I will love him and hug him and call him George!

Cagey said:
Bagman67 said:
Holy mackerel:

SN17778A.jpg

Possibly the prettiest neck I've ever seen in the showcase.

In the process of looking for something else entirely, I found this still waiting for a good home. Unbelievable. So, I snatched it up and I'm having the head re-cut to a Warhead. Don't know what I'm gonna do with it, but

That'll look REALLY nice with that candy red Mooncaster you've linked a few times.

That white Ebony would be mine right now if it weren't for that Tele headstock. Never have been able to get next to that design.

Pelagaard said:
That'll look REALLY nice with that candy red Mooncaster you've linked a few times.

You're thinking of a Velocity, but yeah. You're right.

I wonder how it would look on a Jazzmaster? There aer a couple candy red examples of those in the Showcase just rotting...

Cagey said:
That white Ebony would be mine right now if it weren't for that Tele headstock. Never have been able to get next to that design.
Me either, but sometimes every once in a while i'll see one that appeals to me... :dontknow:

I just noticed you changed your avatar to the Forum Rules Enforcement Droid. Nice  :laughing7:

Cagey said:
I just noticed you changed your avatar to the Forum Rules Enforcement Drone. Nice  :laughing7:
LOL, I changed that when you posted F.R.E.D. some time ago...

With a slight twist...

Attachments

• FRED.jpg
    FRED.jpg
    60.4 KB · Views: 414
I guess that shows how much attention I pay to my surroundings.

After I noticed yours, I noticed mine was missing. Maybe it was never there. Is now.

Aww, man! Wish I'd have seen that!

But, I can't be too selfish. I have a roasted curly Maple over roasted curly Maple and a Pau Ferro over Pau Ferro neck coming that both make your heart skip a beat when you see them.

Maybe whoever buys that one will send it to me for a proper working over and I'll get to play with it for a bit.

Back