GAS Alert!!!!

Yeah, you need some movement to see the refraction/reflection effect, and photos are static.

Realy can't afford anymore projects right now, but it had black binding I'd buy this RFN...
M1020a.jpg

They have a couple of those unfinished flame/quilt finishes that I would jump on if I did finishes... maybe when I retire.

Unless Warmoth absolutely won't do a finish like you want, or you don't have any choice because you just ended up with a nekkid body off eBay or something, or somebody's willing to pay you to solve one of those problems, or you're a masochist who just gets a kick out of finishing, it's foolish to not take advantage of their finishing service. For what they charge and the superb quality they provide, they cannot be beat.

Cagey said:
Unless Warmoth absolutely won't do a finish like you want, or you don't have any choice because you just ended up with a nekkid body off eBay or something, or somebody's willing to pay you to solve one of those problems, or you're a masochist who just gets a kick out of finishing, it's foolish to not take advantage of their finishing service. For what they charge and the superb quality they provide, they cannot be beat.
oh, I agree 100% .. but half the reason to retire is to do masochistic things with your time isn't it? :glasses9:

Well, that and start on a ruinous diet, maybe take up smoking... watching late night TV without reprisal. All that fun stuff.

One of my running jokes is that adulthood is nothing like the brochures.  I was told I would just be able to stay up as late as I want and eat Froot Loops in front of the TV in my boxers for every meal if I feel like it.  While both of these things are indeed true, it's far from the whole story.  Looking forward to being old enough for it to more closely approximate reality.

Wow. What kind of wood is that fretboard? Ziricote? Bocote? Very striking. Do you know what kind of guitar that will go on?

Whoa.  THat's one slick slice of bocote.

Original listing at:
http://www.warmoth.com/Showcase/ShowcaseNeck.aspx?i=SN18389&Body=1&Path=Neck#.VdJDsflVhBc

mrpinter said:
Wow. What kind of wood is that fretboard? Ziricote? Bocote? Very striking. Do you know what kind of guitar that will go on?

Yup Bagman got it. It is Bocote. I think I am gonna put it on my Surf Green strat. Now that I have built a few and tried some different necks I have figured out what I like in size. The Canary one I had was a 1 3/4"nut and I just didn't like it. So I am switching it up  :toothy11:

Surf n Music said:
I had GAS so bad when I saw this there was only one cure. Ordered it!
SN18389A.jpg

Holy jumpin' Jesus Christ on a cam roller... that is one fantastic piece of wood. Good thing you saw it before I did. I thank you but Citibank is probably a little pist  :laughing7:

Cagey said:
Surf n Music said:
I had GAS so bad when I saw this there was only one cure. Ordered it!
SN18389A.jpg

Holy jumpin' Jesus Christ on a cam roller... that is one fantastic piece of wood. Good thing you saw it before I did. I thank you but Citibank is probably a little pist  :laughing7:

Hahah I saw it 2 days ago and told myself wait a week and if it is still there maybe I'll get it. Woke up this morning all nervous it would be gone and bought it! Funny how a piece of wood can do that. 

Surf n Music said:
Hahah I saw it 2 days ago and told myself wait a week and if it is still there maybe I'll get it. Woke up this morning all nervous it would be gone and bought it! Funny how a piece of wood can do that.

You gotta let me do the frets on that lovely.Not to mention the burnishing, nut setup on a real guitar, tuner installation and threaded inserts.

Cagey said:
Surf n Music said:

You gotta let me do the frets on that lovely.Not to mention the burnishing, nut setup on a real guitar, tuner installation and threaded inserts.

Sorry Cagey but I have fallen in love with the SS6115 frets and already have them on order, not to mention my tool set is growing all the time. Got my nut files, fret leveler and crowning files. Getting better and better at it all the time. Much due to many of your posts and my patience in learning  :).

Back