GAS Alert!!!!

swarfrat said:
The wife is getting a very very spendy splurge this summer that was the result of a 'oh fine!' argument. Unfortunately that guitar is perfect for what I just built. Not what I have in mind next - which isn't real concrete yet, but being a die hard strat guy, is more likely to be S/S/S or S/S/H with a baritone neck, strung 0.010 - 0.52 tuned to E or Eb

Sounds cool!  My next one to start (I'm probably going to have a queue of 8-10 going) would be something like this...
medium_carved_guitar.jpg

I've got the carving background and the wood, all I need is the inspiration - any ideas on themes?  That tele is really executed well!

Is it me or are there loads of boring necks going up on the showcase at the moment? Every day it's more maple/maple or maple/rosewood necks.

I noticed that, too. That, and there seems to be a surprising number of Tele headstocks.

In general I notice the showcase is full of tele and maple. Which is one reason I love the new showcase filtering.

As for boring..
mn1512a.jpg
mn1512b.jpg

d5n655a.jpg
bn4034a.jpg

bn3851a.jpg
bn3640a.jpg

d5n653a.jpg
d5n558a.jpg

bn3922a.jpg
bn4160a.jpg

Check out the lower right - the only figuring I've ever seen in wenge

But the most interesting thing to me (aside from that recessed TOM BK double hum jazzmaster) in the showcase right now is probably the green one on the left. It's bordering on too dark in the photo, but I bet it's got that mysterious shimmer in person.  Guitar made out of bowling ball material or something. I'm not liking most of the bursts on Korina, but transparent solids can look quite sharp. The orange seems to set off contrasts nicely - which I didn't expect - I've seen some yellowish stuff over BK that usually tends to reduce contrasts - at least for the streaking.
PS6767a.jpg
PS6758a.jpg

Not that it needs it at all, but it looks like there's a bit of figuring in the center of that piece. Damn fine body. If I hadn't already caught my Strat limit...

What, the lipstick on the collar, the CNC reference hole, or the remarkable depiction of that "special place"? <grin>

It's almost a shame that it will be unseen after it's been routed for pickups. 

Probably just as well, though. I mean, suppose you get famous; "Parental/Family/Child Resource/Protection/Advocacy/Focus" groups would just say you purposefully put in subliminal sex images just to sell your records (and bring about the end of western civilization.)

You can barely get out of bed in the morning without pissing someone off, so just tell 'em all to go scratch.

Once you get a Wilky bridge on there, you'll have a PMRC-approved bar across the offending area/Gates of Heaven.  Regrettably.

Back