GAS Alert!!!!

I definitely agree that body would be more saleable in an HHH configuration, but it's a top route anyway - and easily fixed.

swarfrat said:
I definitely agree that body would be more saleable in an HHH configuration, but it's a top route anyway - and easily fixed.

well a traditional firebird pickguard doesn't cover the pickups. so a custom guard is in order. and the color with a big ugly pickguard, bleh! I really think that thing would need a repaint and reroute to be worth buying. I hope that thing is going cheap.

They're asking $200 because of an easily ignored wood blem on the upper horn. But, you can build the same thing without the blem and rear-routed for $290 from scratch, so it's not what I'd call a screamin' deal. It's just a nice deal.

Cagey said:
They're asking $200 because of an easily ignored wood blem on the upper horn. But, you can build the same thing without the blem and rear-routed for $290 from scratch, so it's not what I'd call a screamin' deal. It's just a nice deal.

very true, I guess I overlooked the fact this one isnt painted. still you can see the wood on this one before you buy it. and to be honest I kinda like the pickguard look on a strat. if its there in 2 weeks I might retire the mexi strat body and bridge finally. not to mention that $90 might not sound like a huge discount but thats 31%. that's a pretty big discount.

Cagey said:

I think if you get a screamin' deal, they send Terry Crews to your house to scream at you.

Dan0 said:
very true, I guess I overlooked the fact this one isnt painted. still you can see the wood on this one before you buy it. and to be honest I kinda like the pickguard look on a strat. if its there in 2 weeks I might retire the mexi strat body and bridge finally. not to mention that $90 might not sound like a huge discount but thats 31%. that's a pretty big discount.

I kinda like guarded Strats, too. Seems natural. Unlike Teles, where pickguards often seem like a poorly executed afterthought.

As a replacement for a Mexi-built body, I'd say go for it. It's a nice-looking part.

The $290 added the rear route as well, which the showcase part doesn't have. So, an identical one new to spec would be $270 which amounts to a 25% discount.

OH man  :sad:  ..... if this ONLY had SSFrets ....
As I know how this would look, similar to my stunning neck  :icon_biggrin:

I'd be 1/2 way to making a LP / SG  :doh:

Darn nice neck thou ..... bummer about the frets
http://www.warmoth.com/Showcase/ShowcaseNeck.aspx?i=LPN899&Body=1&Path=Neck

Attachments

• LPN899A.jpg
    LPN899A.jpg
    80.8 KB · Views: 241
T2901C.jpg

Fernando Duarte, look at what you've done to to forum.  Are you even contributing to this colossal waste of my worktime productivity anymore?  You don't just drop a turd in the punchbowl and walk out of the room.  :laughing8:

jm228a.jpg

I haven't even finished my Jaguar and I'm already looking at more guitars. With tonar finishes. I'm going to be so broke one day. WHY DID I HAVE TO DISCOVER WARMOTH?!? ...on second thought, it's not that bad.  :cool01:

Back