GAS Alert!!!!

Bagman67 said:
Congratulations!  I was about to post that body in this very thread, with similar lamentations.  Glad someone from this crowd got it.  We'll want photos when you get the build underway.

May I suggest a nice wenge LP neck?

Yeah, wenge sounds like a good chioce for this one. I'm going to have to put some thought into it, because I hadn't planned out my LP build yet - the Strat was planned out through most of the details, but this body pushed it back. I'll have to pick out pickups, hardware, a neck, decide if the SS frets are worth skipping binding on the neck... a lot of decisions to make.

And it's going to be a while before this gets underway... I'm already stretching the money to get the body, so neck/hardware/pickups are down the road a few months at least. But I will definitely update on here when I get to them.

I would definitely skip binding on the neck for this one - the natural binding and overall darkness would not go well with white/cream/whatever binding on a neck.  I think it'd be a little jarring, contrast-wise.

I'd go with an unbound neck with no inlays, in fact - ebony on wenge oughta do the trick.  Let the wild color of the guitar's top be the focus.  See how I did a plain quartersawn wenge neck on Quty Pie to minimize distraction from the top:  http://www.unofficialwarmoth.com/index.php?topic=17614.msg260035#msg260035

I think Wenge would be a good choice, but the fretboard absolutely HAS to be plain and simple.... and dead sexy. Ebony all the way on that body/a wenge neck. Warmoth headstock shape for a less Gibsonish vibe, if I were building it. I almost pulled the trigger on that body tonight. Congratulations!  :cool01:  :party07:

Tipperman said:
I think Wenge would be a good choice, but the fretboard absolutely HAS to be plain and simple.... and dead sexy. Ebony all the way on that body/a wenge neck. Warmoth headstock shape for a less Gibsonish vibe, if I were building it. I almost pulled the trigger on that body tonight. Congratulations!  :cool01:  :party07:

I knew quite a few people would be looking at that and thinking about pulling the trigger pretty quick, so I figured it was now or never.

I think I'll probably go for a Gibson headstock on this one, I'm planning on doing the Warmoth headstock on my VIP baritone build down the road. Plus I like the idea of mixing the classic with something different, so the Gibson headstock will help balance out the atypical parts of the build.

NQbass7 said:
I just... I just don't have words for this.

lpcp282a.jpg

If I had any chance of scraping up the money for that, I would. Right now.

Wow, that is great. Its even better than the one I purchased a few months ago. I would also recommend a wenge neck. It just goes so well with black korina. Both tonally and visually.

Attachments

• LPCP278A.jpg
    LPCP278A.jpg
    191.7 KB · Views: 385
  • LPCP278B.jpg
    LPCP278B.jpg
    173.1 KB · Views: 429
NQbass7 said:
Tipperman said:

I knew quite a few people would be looking at that and thinking about pulling the trigger pretty quick, so I figured it was now or never.

I think I'll probably go for a Gibson headstock on this one, I'm planning on doing the Warmoth headstock on my VIP baritone build down the road. Plus I like the idea of mixing the classic with something different, so the Gibson headstock will help balance out the atypical parts of the build.

Don't get me wrong, I love the open book style headstock. I just think on an LP shape, the warmoth looks very classy and sets it apart. Similar to a PRS but different. Stgill, it's your guitar and I am positive the results will be fantastic. Go with Bare Knuckle Mules for it, if you're looking for any input/suggestions. They're expensive but they blow my ****ing mind every time I hear them.

Somehow this thread rolled down to the second page of "General Discussion" - and now I see this come across the Interwebz, and can rescue the thread from obscurity!
WN1159B.jpg

WN1159A.jpg

WN1159D.jpg

WN1159F.jpg

Bagman67 said:
Somehow this thread rolled down to the second page of "General Discussion" - and now I see this come across the Interwebz, and can rescue the thread from obscurity!
WN1159B.jpg

WN1159A.jpg

WN1159D.jpg

WN1159F.jpg

Want!!!  :eek: :blob7:

I'm really glad that has plain frets & no locking nut shelf on it. I'm not prepared for a neck purchase quite yet.

I'm so glad someone else bought this tele body since I don't have the money right now.  I was thinking about selling a kidney before it was sold  :)

Attachments

• photo 2.PNG
    171.5 KB · Views: 411
drewfx said:
Bagman67 said:
WN1159B.jpg

WN1159A.jpg

WN1159D.jpg

WN1159F.jpg

Want!!!  :eek: :blob7:

Strange, if I were to just look at this I would say it is walnut/flamed maple/walnut, but the wood after the scarf joint looks like flamed koa....

All the same, it is beautiful. I wish Warmoth would do more lam necks.

rapfohl09 said:
All the same, it is beautiful. I wish Warmoth would do more lam necks.

There have actually been quite a few multi laminate W necks appearing in the showcase lately. Hopefully it will become a standard option, as I have a project I'd love to get one for.

Bagman67 said:

I had to check this neck out on the Showcase.  Non-scientific tap testing showed good punch and sustain.  Pitch was fairly high.  Not quite a bell ring high but more like upper register marimba.

looks like flame koa/pau ferro with flame maple skunk stripe... :dontknow:

Would look most amazing with this LP....
lpcp282a.jpg
:headbang1:

Wyliee said:
Bagman67 said:

I had to check this neck out on the Showcase.  Non-scientific tap testing showed good punch and sustain.  Pitch was fairly high.  Not quite a bell ring high but more like upper register marimba.

she looks better from the back

DangerousR6 said:
looks like flame koa/pau ferro with flame maple skunk stripe... :dontknow:

Would look most amazing with this LP....
lpcp282a.jpg
:headbang1:

Maybe.. but I don't really have the money for that right now. Plus I'm planning on a raw neck for that.

Back