GAS Alert!!!!

hannaugh said:
I kind of  want one of these, especially the honey burst-looking finish.

I played this one at Guitar Showcase in San Jose today.  It's a really nice metallic green, much nicer than it appears in this image.  They wanted $425 for it - or at least that's what was on the pricetag.  I saw no point in investigating further since I had no intention of buying - but I am now most definitely pro-Reverend, and if one comes along when I have mad money in my pocket, I may walk away with it.

reverend-warhawk390.jpg

Bagman67 said:
hannaugh said:
I kind of  want one of these, especially the honey burst-looking finish.

I played this one at Guitar Showcase in San Jose today.  It's a really nice metallic green, much nicer than it appears in this image.  They wanted $425 for it - or at least that's what was on the pricetag.  I saw no point in investigating further since I had no intention of buying - but I am now most definitely pro-Reverend, and if one comes along when I have mad money in my pocket, I may walk away with it.

reverend-warhawk390.jpg
I have always like that style of Reverend guitars, Some of their newer stuff looks too conventional for me. I just have never had the money for one when I saw it, or thought about them when I did. But they are nice.

Jusatele said:
I played this one at Guitar Showcase in San Jose today.  It's a really nice metallic green, much nicer than it appears in this image.  They wanted $425 for it - or at least that's what was on the pricetag.  I saw no point in investigating further since I had no intention of buying - but I am now most definitely pro-Reverend, and if one comes along when I have mad money in my pocket, I may walk away with it.

reverend-warhawk390.jpg

I have always like that style of Reverend guitars, Some of their newer stuff looks too conventional for me. I just have never had the money for one when I saw it, or thought about them when I did. But they are nice.

He may be finding out that his wilder ideas aren't moving, hence the move to more conventional designs.

Reverend Guitars is the brainchild of Joe Naylor, one of our local luthiers. He used to work for Joe's Music, (different Joe) our local "go to" place for premium guitar and amp work. If you buy a guitar/amp from Guitar Center or any of the other local stores and it needs any serious attention or warranty work, that's where they send it to have the work done. Store's about 5 times as large as it appears when you walk in because the bulk of the place is given over to tech spaces that you're not allowed to see.

Anyway, that's where Mr. Naylor got his start, and these days they have a pretty substantial inventory of his work. Nice stuff. Guy does a good job. But, you do have to have a taste for the unconventional. No Strat or Les Paul copies, and no schizoid stuff. It's mostly amoeba-shaped things that may or may not speak to you.

The link above doesn't give much more than the address and phone number of the place. I offered to make him a web site, but he wasn't interested. According to Joe (the proprietor), they have so much work they can barely maintain a schedule, and he doesn't want to get any bigger. So, advertising doesn't make sense. Helluva problem, eh? <grin>

FernandoEsteves said:
Awesome!! But would be nicier with a LP style wraparound or the Schroeder wraparound

glad you like the design! It's really supposed to be a jazzmaster. they just don't have a jazzmaster builder yet  :sad: and I like tele's more than I like strats, so that's what i went with. I got the idea of the korina neck over the blue body from that one fellow's strat - it was just such a sweet contrast.
I don't know if i like the look of the Schroeder tailpiece. I actually considered maybe getting a TOM bridge and a trapeze tailpiece. but it's hard to visualize, while the builder gives me clear image of what something might look like.

either way, I have a pretty good idea of what my next build will look like. it just might be a lifetime before I build it

SN11187A.jpg

Shame this has inlays and the wrong scale. It's might tasty looking. It's about the only figured ebony that kinda grabs me.

What is.... Makore?

LPC155B.jpg

http://www.warmoth.com/Showcase/ShowcaseItem.aspx?Body=2&Path=Body&i=LPC155

Johnfv said:
This will be the last one... I really mean it this time...  no really... :laughing7:

Typical addict.

Unlike me. I can quit any time. I just don't have a Soloist or a Tele yet, but those aren't Strats or VIPs so they won't count.

Back