GAS Alert!!!!

Sorta like this...

ps6055a.jpg

Although, that's a Goncalo Alves top rather than Maple.

Body builder. The top might surprise you as to what it is, but it's in the pick your own tops section.
index.php

Attachments

• soloist.jpg
    soloist.jpg
    22.4 KB · Views: 720
Yep - that's "plain ole" mahogany. And quite beautiful. After looking at coffee table guitars for a bit you tend to forget that mahogany is considered exotic by most people.

I kind of  want one of these, especially the honey burst-looking finish.

ReverendSenseiHBFMbody2650.jpg

Sensei_290_wine_lg.jpg

d-374.jpg

img_9081_1.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i3HMJoPjv2E

Pro Guitar Shop is sweet. Awesome store, and they make the best gear demo videos available. I don't remember playing any of those Reverend guitars, but that store seems to honestly carry nothing but quality gear. So based on that and the video, I would assume they're as sweet as they look.

SustainerPlayer said:
Whatever you do to the SG shape it is still ugly.

Sorry.  :icon_biggrin:
Ohhhhhh, but when you put a Floyd on it, it's on like Donkey Kong..... :headbang1:

I like them because they look like the devil.  :evil4:  But I understand.  I'm never gonna like Explorers or Vs.  It's just not gonna happen.  Everyone has a shape they just can't appreciate.

hannaugh said:
I like them because they look like the devil.  :evil4:  But I understand.  I'm never gonna like Explorers or Vs.  It's just not gonna happen.  Everyone has a shape they just can't appreciate.
Very true, I like explorer's, i happen to have one..Very comfy to play but bulky....I don't care for V's, never have, and as a shape I absolutely dislike the Gerry Garcia thing, it's just butt ugly to me, and I've seen my share of ugly butts.....But the SG I like.... :dontknow:

I think it's just the straight lines I can't do.  I like organic shapes better.  Straight lines on a guitar body just scream "uncomfortable and awkward" to me. 

hannaugh said:
I like [SGs] because they look like the devil.  :evil4:  But I understand.  I'm never gonna like Explorers or Vs.  It's just not gonna happen.  Everyone has a shape they just can't appreciate.

I don't know what the devil looks like, although I suspect his initials are BHO. Lives on Pennsylvania Ave in Washington DC. In any event, I'm a big fan of the SG body style myself, and can't abide the faux modern art deco Gibson shapes like Explorers or Vs or Zs or any of those acid-trip-induced designs. They're just goofy. No practical reason for them to exist. As much as I rail against "vintage" stuff, I'm very much a traditionalist when it comes to body styles.

Back