GAS Alert!!!!

That Marauder is sweet..ish. It's like a JM/Mosrite hybrid thing. With oddball pickups to boot!  :laughing7:

But I've never heard of the Modern Player series.

dNA said:
DV016_Jpg_Large_H76268.001.001_lake_placid_blue_rosewood.jpg
They're calling that the Marauder? I guess in the same style of the current Starcasters...

Now this guy had some GAS !!!!
I wonder if this is just part of an even bigger collection.. he sure had some nice guitars... there is even a Tele on page 4 that could be a Warmoth! oh well, it looks like a partscaster with a very nice flamed maple neck at least..

http://www.christies.com/features/auctions/1011/richard-gere/

totally unrouted, chambered rosewood tele body. Still weighs 5 lbs 4 oz! What a beaut

t2580C.jpg

dNA said:
totally unrouted, chambered rosewood tele body. Still weighs 5 lbs 4 oz! What a beaut

It would be ideal if all showcase bodies were unrouted and they were doing contoured heel in unfinished bodies.

Kostas said:
dNA said:

It would be ideal if all showcase bodies were unrouted and they were doing contoured heel in unfinished bodies.

Could not agree more! Would be nice. Maybe this is the start of something good.

JaySwear said:
Kostas said:
dNA said:

Could not agree more! Would be nice. Maybe this is the start of something good.

No I don't think so, the all rosewood bodies have always come like this, and they are the only ones I've ever seen like that.

rapfohl09 said:
No I don't think so, the all rosewood bodies have always come like this, and they are the only ones I've ever seen like that.

There are and have been plenty of pre-routed all-rosewood bodies in the showcase. I dunno why you'd think they always come like this?

t2035C.jpg

t2575D.jpg

ps6067B.jpg

s5129B.jpg

dNA said:
rapfohl09 said:

There are and have been plenty of pre-routed all-rosewood bodies in the showcase. I dunno why you'd think they always come like this?

t2035C.jpg

t2575D.jpg

ps6067B.jpg

s5129B.jpg

Your right, bad wording on my part.

Its not that all of the all-rosewood bodies are like that, but the only bodies I have seen completely un-routed like that have always been all-rosewood. Never any other types of woods.

rapfohl09 said:
Your right, bad wording on my part.

Its not that all of the all-rosewood bodies are like that, but the only bodies I have seen completely un-routed like that have always been all-rosewood. Never any other types of woods.

true. i hadn't thought of that!

That is purty. I don't know if it's $745 purty, though. Besides, it kinda heavy, even with the chambering. I think I'm gonna be able to restrain myself.

Max said:
Must've stolen the idea from Marko and I :p

You Slaaaaaag!! :)

actually, about 5 or 6 years ago Warmoth had a bunch of vintage white strat bodies with maple tops on them in the showcase (I remember the description was "chevron Maple" - still don't know what that means) and ever since then I so badly wanted a vintage white body with a clear finish top. preferably with more contrast between the white and the wood top though. (hence the photoshop I asked Max to do)

Marko, a chevron is the "V" shaped stripes found on military uniforms to denote enlisted rank; private, corporal, etc. I would surmise that "Chevron Maple" is a bookmatched maple top with highly contrasting grain, that runs at an angle to the seam to form a "V" shape. Probably a Warmoth term if not a woodworking one.

Much like that lovely clear on white body. I'm not really a Strat guy, but that one makes me go "oooh."

Back