GAS Alert!!!!

I misunderstood, or didn't comprehend what I was reading. I thought those were in the Showcase, since they're in the "GAS Alert" thread.

Oddly enough, I remember thinking when I looked at the pictures that I'd seen those parts before - now I know why.

You need to put that thing together and put up some pictures in the appropriate thread. Do it now! <grin>

I'm starting to think I need to spend less time here. It's pretty bad when you start recognizing wood grain as if it were somebody's face or something <grin>

Cagey said:
I'm starting to think I need to spend less time here. It's pretty bad when you start recognizing wood grain as if it were somebody's face or something <grin>

I have 2.somethin posts a day average . . . Im here a lot too. And yes, I recognize wood grains, but lam tops even moreso. And even though I've ordered the parts, I'm still GASing . . . P-Rails  :icon_thumright:

But those will have to wait for another day and several more paychecks.

SustainerPlayer said:
Not only do I recognize wood grain. I can also tell if it's happy or sad.

yeah, mine's obviously having a good day, 'cause it knows that Ash bod is  on its way, but the ash isn't too sure about this Pau-Ferro deal yet, and its got to go see the router sometime this week to see about a recessed wilkinson, which might also be contributing to its uneasiness . . .

sn11094a.jpg

http://washingtondc.craigslist.org/nva/msg/2625161632.html

Major GAS here. I might go ahead and buy it depending on how big (Well, they're really tiny regardless) my next Paycheck is. Probably only gonna be like $200 though :(

Tipperman said:
http://washingtondc.craigslist.org/nva/msg/2625161632.html

Major GAS here. I might go ahead and buy it depending on how big (Well, they're really tiny regardless) my next Paycheck is. Probably only gonna be like $200 though :(

that P-Bass is beautiful. Buy it

I played one of these Squire Classic Vibes today.  I have to say, I was throughly impressed with the neck and the setup considering it's a lower end axe. 

030-3035.jpg

hannaugh said:
I played one of these Squire Classic Vibes today.  I have to say, I was throughly impressed with the neck and the setup considering it's a lower end axe. 

030-3035.jpg

That is deffinately a nice looking guitar! I have always thought that Squier brought some pretty cool variations on the Fender standards to the table. Fender has too many purist followers to muck around with it under its own name haha.

nice. I played a mahogany-bodied fender thinline at a guitar teacher's place not that long ago and was really impressed. great, woody kind of sound. and it's a looker. I didn't see the headstock on that squier right away and i was like "That's a damn nice guitar."

Right??? I didn't even realize the one I was playing was a Squier for a minute either.  I just went "Oooooh, pretty!" and picked it up, started playing.  The thing was way nicer than the price and name on the headstock would indicate. 

I was really impressed with the Classic Vibes I've played.  Of course you have to allow that the price point dictates certain parts choices, but overall they feel really nice, beyond what you'd expect them to cost.

Squier has some surprisingly good stuff for the price. They obviously have a lot of crap--I'm looking at you, Bullet Strat!--but the Classic Vibe and Vintage Modified series are both quite good for the money.

The vintage mods are alright, huh? I seriously considered getting one of those vintage mod jazzmasters a couple of times and upgrading some of the parts, but i kept thinking it'd probably be a wasted investment

edit: when i went to go check out the Vintage Mod series on MusiciansFriend, i also noticed this low-end fender series called Modern Player. Anyone ever checked them out? They have this weird jazzmaster freak thing they call the marauder. kinda interesting:
DV016_Jpg_Large_H76268.001.001_lake_placid_blue_rosewood.jpg

and while i was on MusiciansFriend of course i saw this:
DV016_Jpg_Large_584172.099_sapphire_smokeburst.jpg

and normally i don't even really like PRS guitars that much. they're usually too flashy for me. but this somehow works. Blue+rosewood always gets me

Back