GAS Alert!!!!

Cagey said:
Same here. I don't know what they could have possibly been thinking about when they added all that real estate to the headstock. Thank the FSM that style didn't last long.

would the big W cut it down to a Warhead for their $45 up charge? I know they'll do this on any regular start stock . . . (actually, I've always wanted to ask . . . would they do it to an angled start headstock? 'cause that would look awesome!)

ps6045a.jpg

ps6046a.jpg

s5136a.jpg

ps6089a.jpg

Ordered a Fatback Warmoth PRO strat neck for my strat, compound radius, SS6230 frets (Am I the only one who prefers 6230s/6115? SS of course) Super excited for it, especially because now my Jaguar neck and Strat neck will have the same carve. So, naturally, I am GASing for a new Strat body. Made of Walnut.

Cagey said:
Tipperman said:
Am I the only one who prefers 6230s/6115? SS of course

Yes <grin>

Congrats on the new neck.

Thanks Cagey. You'll be happy to know.. when you work on it, the Jaguar is SS6115 so... we'll see. Shoulda gone 6230 but that's OK, I can man up and deal with it.

Big frets let you get a good grip on the strings so you can manhandle 'em. They like it when you do that. Then, stainless frets are nice and slippery. It's like playing on glass. You're gonna love that neck, and any of your friends who play it are gonna want one of their own.

Ok, so there's two of you. Warmoth will be glad to see some of that fret stock finally get used <grin>

Nah, not everybody likes monster frets. Depending on how/what you play and the string gauge set you use, they can make it difficult to play in tune.

FernandoEsteves said:

help, I'm dead inside. I have virtually no GAS for these. the woods, that is. only the korina and the other middle one (walnut?) cause some GAS, but nothing that makes me go WOW or gives me that funny feeling in my tummy.

HELP!?

hmm . . . try my new body and neck? nothing super special, but perhaps if they gang up on you . . .

Attachments

• ps5625C.jpg
    ps5625C.jpg
    161.3 KB · Views: 592
  • SN11054b.jpg
    SN11054b.jpg
    62.1 KB · Views: 601
  • SN11054a.jpg
    SN11054a.jpg
    68.2 KB · Views: 586
Cagey said:
Well, that neck didn't last long. It's gone already.

what? mine? Yep, it was up not even 48 hours before I snagged it, if I remember correctly. Like I've said other places, it was exactly to-spec with the dream neck in my imagination, so it was pretty futile on my part to resist the GAS. I love the waves on the back . . . more even I think than the smooth tight grain on the fretboard . . . but IDK, its hard to like one more than the other . . . Should arrive tomorrow, probably late afternoon. But I won't be home, I'm at school, so I may have to wait till Thursday night to get a look-see.

Back