GAS Alert!!!!

hannaugh said:
SPRINKLES said:
I've put on full latex prosthetics for 7+ hours, 6 days a week for several months in a row. they'll be getting no pity from me. gotta love your art.

Uggh, I hate wearing latex prosthetics.  It gets so hot and gross under those things.  I like designing them and putting them on people, but I have no desire to wear one again. 

I like getting paid. I honestly don't enjoy building prosthetics. but when the money is there, my talent is willing. I do dig actual make up though. Its the painter in me.

B3Guy said:
I wear large scleral lenses daily. they are easier to get in than soft lenses once you get the hang of it, they stay exactly where they're supposed to, breathe/transmit oxygen better than any other lens, and they keep your eye feeling fresh and watered because they maintain a pool of solution between the lens and the eye. I got them last year because I have keratoconus . . . clearest vision I've ever had, even glasses are nothing in comparison. therse are the same lenses that are used professionally for eye color changes and effects in the film and theatre industries, and they're also used for AR technology. They're awesome, I'll never go back to soft lens crap. I can wear these for 14 hours and they'll still feel like I just put them in a minute ago.

Sclerals are cool but gigantic! I never had the guts to try one at university, but of course if you have ceratoconus you'd be more motivated :) Do you get full VA with them?

SPRINKLES said:
hannaugh said:
SPRINKLES said:
I've put on full latex prosthetics for 7+ hours, 6 days a week for several months in a row. they'll be getting no pity from me. gotta love your art.

Uggh, I hate wearing latex prosthetics.  It gets so hot and gross under those things.  I like designing them and putting them on people, but I have no desire to wear one again. 

I like getting paid. I honestly don't enjoy building prosthetics. but when the money is there, my talent is willing. I do dig actual make up though. Its the painter in me.

I like designing and sculpting for them... running foam on the other hand... although if you're good at running foam, you can make a nice living just doing that because a lot of very talented designers cannot run a mask without getting huge bubbles to save their lives. 

Been playing around with the soloist body builder. Here is what I am G.A.S-ing over right now. Quilt maple carved top, mahogany body, all done in transparent yellow dye with black pin striping. All black hardware.

Raw canary neck with angled warhead shape, like the one attached, but with figured macassar ebony fretboard.

Attachments

• Front.jpg
    36.7 KB · Views: 336
  • Back.jpg
    32.2 KB · Views: 310
  • mn1450A.jpg
    mn1450A.jpg
    64 KB · Views: 315
  • mn1450B.jpg
    mn1450B.jpg
    72.1 KB · Views: 300
PaulXerxen (nexrex) said:
Been playing around with the soloist body builder. Here is what I am G.A.S-ing over right now. Quilt maple carved top, mahogany body, all done in transparent yellow dye with black pin striping. All black hardware.

Raw canary neck with angled warhead shape, like the one attached, but with figured macassar ebony fretboard.

PaulXerxen & others….
Just be aware with different woods & finishes using the virtual builder that the colour might NOT be as you see it !!

That colour 'Transparent Yellow' you have in your mock up, is the colour I was hoping for on my 'The Cigar' GK-3 Strat (the one in my aviator)
Front Pic's http://www.unofficialwarmoth.com/index.php?topic=16436.0
Back pic's http://www.unofficialwarmoth.com/index.php?topic=16573.0
As you can see it came out more of a Honey / Light Golden Colour …. (Which I like Thou)
But was hoping for a much more Yellow colour to it, like your pic.

Just Be Aware !!  :glasses9:

Not exactly Intense figured wood, but I freaking want one.

$(KGrHqR,!lYE4lk1DffjBOQVDwvC!Q~~0_3.JPG

Wana's made a guitar said:
Not exactly Intense figured wood, but I freaking want one.

$(KGrHqR,!lYE4lk1DffjBOQVDwvC!Q~~0_3.JPG

i saw that and was rather impressed, but for the extra hundred bux, all I would ever use is the momentary switch. I've found the drop tune effect on the original whammy makes your instrument sound nothing like a real guitar tuned down. The idea of marketing it as a replacement for guitars in different tunings is just kind of ludicrous to me.

still, the whammy is definitely one of my go-to pedals. i love the sounds that thing makes

hannaugh said:
Oh yeah, definitely not a natural guitar sound at all... but it still sounds cool.

do you have any recordings of using it to make some cool sounds? I'm curious how much you can do with the much wider range of pitch change

Oh wait a sec, I just realized that is the big fancy DT pedal.  I just have the regular Whammy.  Never miiiiinnddd...  :doh:

I think I might get one sometime this week when I get paid. I used a week of my school holidays to do a solid week at work. I love casual pay.  :cool01: Not sure if I should bother with the DT version or not though...

Wana's made a guitar said:
I think I might get one sometime this week when I get paid. I used a week of my school holidays to do a solid week at work. I love casual pay.  :cool01: Not sure if I should bother with the DT version or not though...

My feeling is that unless the "droptune" pitch shifter is of any real use (which I can't imagine it is), it's just as easy to add a momentary switch and true bypass to a standard whammy pedal. And it'll be much cheaper. http://www.rodrigoconstanzo.com/whammy-mod/

Here's a really tasty neck that's been in the showcase for a while - flame maple and kingwood, with pics from the showcase and joined to a strat created in body-builder:

flmmpl-kngwdcbsstratneck1.jpg

flmmpl-kngwdcbsstratneck2.png

cndytrqsstratwflmmpl-kingwdcbs.jpg

Same here. I don't know what they could have possibly been thinking about when they added all that real estate to the headstock. Thank the FSM that style didn't last long.

Back