GAS Alert!!!!

The only thing I'm gonna ask Wes there is whether he could get far enough away from me fast enough that my draw speed from the ankle holster would keep him safe from my surprisingly good aim. That guy needs serious help. That's the sort of thing that gives dogs, cats, cops and responsible people nightmares.

the guy can scratch build a guitar, is the sad thing. so he knows how much painting a 3 to 5 A top would piss people off.

Probably a large part of his reason for doing it.

Cagey said:
The only thing I'm gonna ask Wes there is whether he could get far enough away from me fast enough that my draw speed from the ankle holster would keep him safe from my surprisingly good aim. That guy needs serious help. That's the sort of thing that gives dogs, cats, cops and responsible people nightmares.
[/quote

That's a little .... extreme, ain't it, Cagey? Since when is painting your own guitar any way you want to a capital crime?

And thanks for tipping everyone off to the ankle holster. Which side did you say that was on?

If there's nicely figured wood under there...it is still there folks. A little sand paper, a bit of dye maybe and a sprayer, good as new. No harm, no foul, it's all just rock-n-roll bothers and sisters.  :rock-on:

Indeed.  Rock'n'roll's supposed to be fun, right?  My guess is the guy with the white face and the red body is having a good ol' time with his schtick.

TO say nothing of the full-eye contact lenses getting tiresome, but hey, lotsa folks have suffered in the name of creating a marketable image for their bands...

I've put on full latex prosthetics for 7+ hours, 6 days a week for several months in a row. they'll be getting no pity from me. gotta love your art.

I wear large scleral lenses daily. they are easier to get in than soft lenses once you get the hang of it, they stay exactly where they're supposed to, breathe/transmit oxygen better than any other lens, and they keep your eye feeling fresh and watered because they maintain a pool of solution between the lens and the eye. I got them last year because I have keratoconus . . . clearest vision I've ever had, even glasses are nothing in comparison. therse are the same lenses that are used professionally for eye color changes and effects in the film and theatre industries, and they're also used for AR technology. They're awesome, I'll never go back to soft lens crap. I can wear these for 14 hours and they'll still feel like I just put them in a minute ago.

B3Guy said:
I wear large scleral lenses daily. they are easier to get in than soft lenses once you get the hang of it, they stay exactly where they're supposed to, breathe/transmit oxygen better than any other lens, and they keep your eye feeling fresh and watered because they maintain a pool of solution between the lens and the eye. I got them last year because I have keratoconus . . . clearest vision I've ever had, even glasses are nothing in comparison. therse are the same lenses that are used professionally for eye color changes and effects in the film and theatre industries, and they're also used for AR technology. They're awesome, I'll never go back to soft lens crap. I can wear these for 14 hours and they'll still feel like I just put them in a minute ago.

Shows how much I know.  Thanks for the info!

Bagman

anorakDan said:
Cagey said:

That's a little .... extreme, ain't it, Cagey? Since when is painting your own guitar any way you want to a capital crime?

And thanks for tipping everyone off to the ankle holster. Which side did you say that was on?

What can I say? The guy is scary. I don't care if he paints his own guitars. Hell, I paint guitars. But, I don't wander around looking like murder on the hoof. If that guy doesn't kick your "fight or flee" instinct into high gear, you're probably not long for this world.

He's harmless.  Half the time he dresses like a giant stuffed animal.  On a side note, he does the opposite of what he says on interviews.  Don't know if he had changes of heart, doesn't think anyone will remember, or just gets high off of his words in print.  1.) After playing a 7 string guitar, I can't play a 6 anymore.  2.) I can't play with another guitar player.  3.) Quit his band to be a guitar slinging vocalist to discover he couldn't do it like he wanted too.

Cagey said:
anorakDan said:
Cagey said:

What can I say? The guy is scary. I don't care if he paints his own guitars. Hell, I paint guitars. But, I don't wander around looking like murder on the hoof. If that guy doesn't kick your "fight or flee" instinct into high gear, you're probably not long for this world.

Nah, he just makes me want to spray him down with a garden hose. Maybe a scrub brush and a little soapy water!

Max said:
I'll just slip this in here, Jay
jayswear2.png

I want that finish on a les paul!!!!!!!!!!!! purpleheart back, purpleheart neck, ebony board. that would be AWESOME!

Super Turbo Jack Ace Deluxe Custom said:
He's harmless.  Half the time he dresses like a giant stuffed animal.  On a side note, he does the opposite of what he says on interviews.  Don't know if he had changes of heart, doesn't think anyone will remember, or just gets high off of his words in print.  1.) After playing a 7 string guitar, I can't play a 6 anymore.  2.) I can't play with another guitar player.  3.) Quit his band to be a guitar slinging vocalist to discover he couldn't do it like he wanted too.

to be fair Black Light Burns is a huge hit with many people. and its not done... just it didn't make him money. and he sure likes money... so he went back to Limp Bizkit. he also plays a 4 string baritone. he's.... odd.

I love Black Light Burns. Wes is actually a really cool focused guy. How he appears, and what he does on stage is just a persona he puts on.

SPRINKLES said:
I've put on full latex prosthetics for 7+ hours, 6 days a week for several months in a row. they'll be getting no pity from me. gotta love your art.

Uggh, I hate wearing latex prosthetics.  It gets so hot and gross under those things.  I like designing them and putting them on people, but I have no desire to wear one again. 

Back