GAS Alert!!!!

SPRINKLES said:
that kid is an insanely lucky SOB though!

Sounds like that kid is a professional musician. Don't think it's luck. But I could be wrong. You figure out what band he plays in?

pabloman said:
He says in the beginning of the video he's from The Jade Monkey.

Good catch. I'm rather enjoying the tune on their myspace page. pretty chill. Of course this track is totally acoustic. So i'm assuming he hasn't put that bad boy to good use yet.

The artwork on the top of this is pretty legit.

coppertop3.jpg

Now that is impressive.  I dunno if I could play it though.  I think I'd just stare at it looking at the detail for things I'd previously missed.
Patrick

Patrick from Davis said:
Now that is impressive.  I dunno if I could play it though.  I think I'd just stare at it looking at the detail for things I'd previously missed.
Patrick

What's to miss? It's all a bunch of roses

dNA said:
SPRINKLES said:
that kid is an insanely lucky SOB though!

Sounds like that kid is a professional musician. Don't think it's luck. But I could be wrong. You figure out what band he plays in?

yeah, he's not a Pro, but I'm willing to bet money he is before too long. he is legitamitely gifted/hard worker.

After looking at Bagmans post I ventured over to the carvin site and found this guy. I think my search for the most beautiful guitar is over.

Of course that doesn't mean I'll stop building them :p.

Attachments

• ct324-main.jpg
    26.4 KB · Views: 261
So since I can put anything I'm GASing for here, not just Warmoth products, I have to put this.

MMEXSWCH1-Finish-Shot-jpg.aspx

SOON. Maybe as soon as Thursday if my local Guitar Center has one in stock and it plays nicely. I've been looking at the Singlecut, SG, and Explorer Melody Makers lately. Not sure which I'd like most, but I'll try to play all 3 and get an idea. Apparently they're all pretty damn lightweight though. Which would be really nice. And I've been wanting an Explorer-style guitar for a long time (Max knows). The headstock is different, but I think I might like the minimalist look more than the regular Explorer headstock. Plus I have a ton of mods in mind already, but the things got to play nicely to begin with!

Bagman67 said:
First new VIP in months, and the finishing crew comes out swingin':

vipp177A.jpg

vipp177B.jpg

Ahhhhhh!!!  The GAS!!!! The horrible, horrible GAS!!!  Quick, someone hide my credit card... 

Well, for once I'm not envious. I have one that looks virtually identical to that one. Chambered, BK front and back, some flame to it but mine's on the front. Also, my back is one piece - I'm not sure if that one is or not. Only real difference is mine doesn't have the recessed volume/tone/switch holes. I would have liked that. And who knows? I may get ambitious and make it so anyway, since I have to refinish it.

Haven't decided on a color yet, though. I was thinking some Sears Easy Living satin enamel tinted to a nice avocado shade...

easy-living-ultra-latex-interior-satin-paint-1-gal-92115-9876934

Avocado.gif

It's only about $18 a gallon, which seems like a good price... <grin>

You may be joking, But Ask Wes here how many A's the Flame Maple top on that guitar had before he spray painted it.
WesBorland2.jpg

He'd answer "who gives a ____"

and no. that's not a custom PRS for him. PRS never did anything for him. and its the only PRS he ever toured on. he honestly just spray painted a several thousand dollar guitar for shizzengiggles.

Back