GAS Alert!!!!

OK I admit it. I like old time country music and I think Buck Owens Had style

and ah, I still like that Tele, if I had the money I would buy it.

I have an idea, why do you guys all pitch in 10 bucks and buy it for me, then you would only have to see it when you voted for any other guitar in the GOM contest.

I totally dig Buck Owens and the Buckaroos - and lost of other country music of that era.  Good times, indeed. 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YgylOni0JSI

Buck Owens was an extraordinarily talented man. I didn't like his music, but that doesn't mean anything. I still know talent and hard work when I see it.

But, if you want that butt-ugly Tele, you're going to have to save your pennies. I'm not an enabler <grin>

well, thought I would try

I will continue on with my current build and dream those sparkley rhinestone dreams in private thinking of how I could accessorize an entire outfit to match that guitar

Bagman67 said:
I totally dig Buck Owens and the Buckaroos - and lost of other country music of that era.  Good times, indeed. 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YgylOni0JSI
Buck and the Buckaroos I liked, but never did care for Loretta's music...

Check out Pete's tuxedo tele... :icon_biggrin:
[youtube=425,350]17pRDb0Hclw[/youtube]

I gotta think there are a lot of old Hee-Haw videos on YouTube. Might even find entire old episodes on Hulu. Between the two, you ought to be able to find something appropriately hideous to go with that frightening body <grin>

I'm GAS'ing bad for these right now!

lpcp262A.jpg

lpn724A.jpg

JGP19A.jpg

sn10379A.jpg

pt2481A.jpg

tn4101A.jpg

tn4101B.jpg

DangerousR6 said:
Death by Uberschall said:
Somebody on Rig-Talk is planning to build this soon.

Final.jpg
Please say you're joking... :doh:

Wish I was.  :-\

Roy Clark was a bad-arse picker at the same time.
[youtube=425,350]ipweRXwPFiQ[/youtube]

I actually like this Tele, minus the F-hole. Chrome or Black hardware would look good on it.
pt1871A.jpg

Attachments

• Tele redgold1.JPG
    46.4 KB · Views: 283
  • Tele redgold2.JPG
    46.6 KB · Views: 277
  • Tele redgold3.JPG
    46.8 KB · Views: 280
  • Tele redgold4.JPG
    46.9 KB · Views: 276
Sooo..... how come that has such a nice finish on it? I was sure that when you finally got to build that Iceman that it would be purple metal flake with orange highlights and little ladybugs on all the flat/uncovered surfaces. Instead, we get this attractive unit? What's up with that?

I spent a few minutes playing "If I Won the Lottery" with the Tele builder today.  The body alone would cost over a grand, but ooooh man would it be a nice looking Tele.  Rosewood and Walnut together:

6179730473_eec07259c8.jpg

6179730447_4fef0ac6d5.jpg

And this one is closer to what I'm actually thinking about getting sometime next year for my Alphonse Mucha 1910-caster.  Just imagine it with Mucha style art burned on the back, antique copper hardware instead of gold, and possibly a Bigsby. 

6180257108_efb2cf61dc.jpg

6180257066_5084542bcb.jpg

6180257086_3282912ddf.jpg

I'm a big fan of that antique copper hardware, but as with most things Schaller, it's nearly impossible to get. I'm beginning to think 90% of that company is just graphic artists trained in compiling catalogs of non-existent products.

LOL! the heck!

I WISH that Iceman was mine. I need that iceman, I came across it on youtube.

All I own is a hardtail strat. and a cheap one at that.

that kid is an insanely lucky SOB though!

Back