GAS Alert!!!!

Somebody on Rig-Talk is planning to build this soon.

Final.jpg

ozyonum said:
I sure am not gassing this one, hurts my eyes!

pt1871A.jpg
This one IS a lot better looking in person. The camera doesn't do any favors for flake finishes.

yea, I have been Gassing over it for a while now, just with my present state of employment, well it is out of reach.

I can believe that. But, I can't believe it would look much better. That's a combination of a bad finish style and some poor color choices. Looks like the painter guy was either drunk, pissed, or both one day and just decided to wreck a carved top Tele body. Need to put that in the "Screamin' Deals" section at a super blowout price, and it'll probably still sit for a while.

Gonna take a helluva lot more than a few beers to make that thing look good. Maybe a case of beer, a fifth of vodka, a couple hits of Ecstasy, about 20cc of Morphine and a doubled-up grocery bag with a twist tie around the top. Even then...

Cagey said:
Gonna take a helluva lot more than a few beers to make that thing look good. Maybe a case of beer, a fifth of vodka, a couple hits of Ecstasy, about 20cc of Morphine and a doubled-up grocery bag with a twist tie around the top. Even then...

You underestimate the visual proclivities of the practitioners of that arcane art form known as Country Music, my friend.. See, e.g. Buckaroo Don Rich:
Guitar260sTele2.jpg

Cagey said:
Holy lightweight loafers, Batman! What is that, Liberace's backup band?

That'd be the Buckaroos, Buck Owens's backup band.  Circa late 1960's or thereabouts, I'd guess.

Back