GAS Alert!!!!

There's several makers of aluminum guitars, and 2 or 3 that I can think of use Warmoth necks... :icon_biggrin:

I really want that company to just sell me a set of all the hardware actually.  Then I can put it on my future mahogany 1910 style Tele.   :evil4:

I guess technically yeah.  Steampunk is usually more Victorian, but there are people that extend it to turn of the century.  I really just want an Alphonse Mucha style guitar with art nouveau on it because that's my favorite art era.  My husband is really into steampunk stuff.  I kind of have mixed feelings about it. 

I strongly believe me and Hannaugh and her lad would get along quite well...

Any fan of Nouveau is a friend of mine!

I started working on a design for it a while back, and I was happy with it so far, but now I can't find it.  :sad:  I have too many sketchbooks.

Has anyone seen these Charvel Desolation series guitars? The double cutaway one is awesome in that blue.

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/search/search.jsp?question=Charvel+Desolation

Cagey said:
Those look like some pretty nice guitars for the money.

your are right.  I was surprised with the neck thru design.  I have loved Charvel's of the past and the new So Cal line to cool too.  I am anxious to see these.

How about some nice Black Korina?  This one went into the Showcase last week.

gbp18A.jpg
gbp18B.jpg

gbp18C.jpg
gbp18D.jpg

I haven't seen a lot of Gretsch Hollowbodies on stages, but my mileage varies.  I attribute it not to Jack White but the fact that one can now be bought for under a grand - you don't have to get a $2500 White Falcon to own one.  That and the fact that you can't throw a hammer without hitting a GC in most metro areas now which are full of them.  Same with LTD, it's an affordable ESP.  I'm not shocked, rather reminded, that most do not actually shop for gear.  That is, they don't do research, figure out what they want, then go hunting for it.  They walk into a showroom and pick it off of a wall.  That more than anything is the reason for the influx of Gretsch, Laguna, LTD, Epiphones, Ibanez, Egnater, Line6, etc., etc.  They can be picked up anywhere relatively cheap.  Ask these guys what wood it has and what the knobs do, sometimes you'll get correct answers.  Ask them what they were looking for when they found that one, "Just a guitar and this one was pretty."

Mustaine and King, King had an ESP deal not to long ago too.  He started with B.C. Rich and has come back to them (kind of , if the B.C. Rich he started with is the same now).  Both of them, regardless of what was on the headstock, when moving their respective sig models to new companies, that new company was basically making the same guitar the last one did.  King has a V with EMGs and a Kahler regardless of what's on the headstock.  Mustaine, a 24 fret V with Seymour Duncans.  Jackson, ESP, Dean, etc.  And there are bands/artists with 20+ year ESP affiliations.  Metallica, George Lynch, and a few more.

I recently played that exact same model in a down town vintage shop recently in Fullerton.  Coronado 12 string sunburst in immaculate condition.  It was so awesome.  If I had had $1200 laying around, I would have bought it.  I don't remember a gold pickguard though...

Does anyone remember that guitar that was fretless and you put it together from a kit and could make it a whole bunch of different shapes? I've been hunting the forum for ages and can't find it!

Back