GAS Alert!!!!

I dig what he was saying about different guitars having different vibes. and that he appreciates both sides of the equation, because obviously you can't go and tackle some super technical playing if all your guitars play totally different. i'm glad I don't play anything that technical. And i also really dig the look of his custom, except the inlays. they're just a little too much for me.

now, will somebody PLEASE buy this and send it to Tonar for finishing? zomg
m809C.jpg

m809D.jpg

It's cool that's it's intentional, and will be very personal.  At about 1:00, when they bring out the 2 piece top that is 2 DIFFERENT PIECES OF WOOD GLUED TOGETHER, Dweezil, honey, that doesn't happen in nature.

Super Turbo Deluxe Custom said:
Dweezil, honey, that doesn't happen in nature.

lol. he did overuse the term "natural" in that video. You don't ever need to say that something "happened naturally in nature."

Ace Flibble said:
Ah, that's the exact kind of tigers eye I don't like. Not enough contrast between the brown and the yellow for me. What wood's that anyway? Left half looks like flame, the right looks like quilt.

its a singlepiece quilt maple top :)

and the contrast is much greater IRL. I'm just a lousy photographer :D

Nice bridge choice on the L5.

If I ever WERE to do a V, it would be be painted, but this one is pretty
m793a.jpg

I recently came into a chunk of money that's sizeable, but not enough to complete a whole build.. .So I just keep looking at these pictures of bodies and drooling thinking about "maybe..."
pt2291a.jpg

brown/clear burst? that's pretty sweet and unusual

dNA said:
I recently came into a chunk of money that's sizeable, but not enough to complete a whole build.. .So I just keep looking at these pictures of bodies and drooling thinking about "maybe..."
pt2291a.jpg

brown/clear burst? that's pretty sweet and unusual
Oh wow, I want to go to there...

There's actually another BKV in the showcase - a lighter base and some orange striping - both things normally desirable but I kinda like the first one better.

m794a.jpg

Super Turbo Deluxe Custom said:
Ace Flibble said:
Ah, that's the exact kind of tigers eye I don't like. Not enough contrast between the brown and the yellow for me. What wood's that anyway? Left half looks like flame, the right looks like quilt.

I'm not slamming Orph's one bit, but a similar description is what urks me about Dweezil's latest PRS.  Bodystyle aside, the supposed "bookmatched" pieces on the top, the flaming grades don't match and the headstock venner matches neither.  Could be he's weird enough that he requested it that way.  I wouldn't think Mr. Smith would let that one get out the door.
dweezilzappacustomprs.jpg

dweezil.jpg

omg/// i just had my first love at first sight

dNA said:
pt2291a.jpg

Very nice. What kind of body is that? Similar to a Tele but with carved top. Don't see it in the Warmoth in stock section.

http://www.warmoth.com/Showcase/ShowcaseItem.aspx?i=pt2291&Body=2&Path=Body

the "pt2291" part of the URL above (and from the URL for the in-line image in the prior post) is the stock number at Warmoth, which you can use to fill in the "Item Search" blank in the showcase.

If you don't get a result, the body's sold.

Bagman.  

bagman67 said:
http://www.warmoth.com/Showcase/ShowcaseItem.aspx?i=pt2291&Body=2&Path=Body

the "pt2291" part of the URL above (and from the URL for the in-line image in the prior post) is the stock number at Warmoth, which you can use to fill in the "Item Search" blank in the showcase.

If you don't get a result, the body's sold.

Bagman.  

Thanks, Bagman. I'll check it out.

itookacanuk said:
Very nice. What kind of body is that? Similar to a Tele but with carved top. Don't see it in the Warmoth in stock section.
It's a Carved top Tele
The showcase for those can be found at:
http://www.warmoth.com/Pages/ClassicShowcase.aspx?Body=2&Shape=2&Type=2&Ct=180&Path=Telecaster,CarvedTop

Back