GAS Alert!!!!

Bad time for somebody in the US who would like to buy a set of Bare Knuckle Piledrivers.  :tard:

it's a great time to be a non-US person with the money market atm :\

I saw this hit today, and the want is strong:
lpcp271A.jpg

lpcp271C.jpg

not-too-showy Maple cap, White Korina body.

Dumb Monetary Question: with the exchange rate favoring foreigners buying US stuff, would it make sense to have someone in another country buy what you want, and then ship it to you? Not wanting to do this, just curious if it would work.

No. Between taxes, tariffs, and shipping, it never works out. Depending on the circumstances, you can buy in one direction and come out favorably, but even that's tough to do. That could change over the next few years, though, depending on the outcome of the next election in the US. If the current administration is allowed to continue, inflation and interest rates are going to skyrocket while the dollar devalues even further. That'll make what few American goods that are still manufactured more attractive to foreigners, but that's cold comfort. There just aren't that many of them, and they aren't in high demand. Meanwhile, those here will be headed for freezing or starvation as their dollars buy less and less of even the most basic creature comforts.

It's a good time to be old, because the future looks pretty bleak.

Cagey said:
If the current administration is allowed to continue, inflation and interest rates are going to skyrocket while the dollar devalues even further.

I will leave you Americans to discuss your politics in your own way. But I would just like to point out that your currency reached an all time low during your former administration. So using that as an indicator it should encourage you to choose better than that!  :evil4:

On another note. Who cares about old people being afraid of the future? The future belongs to the young ones. Thank God!

:icon_biggrin: :hello2: :eek:ccasion14: (Hey I'm old too ... just saying  :redflag:)

AutoBat said:

lpcp271A.jpg

lpcp271C.jpg

Yeah, that is SWEEEEEET!

How often do LPs like this come up on the showcase?

Stew said:
AutoBat said:

lpcp271A.jpg

lpcp271C.jpg

Yeah, that is SWEEEEEET!

How often do LPs like this come up on the showcase?

guitars, bodies like that rarely pop up, but bare in mind, there have been a lot of korina/quilt maple LP's in the showcase for the last few months. I've been eyeballing some of them, until I realised that my way was the highway, uhm... unique selection-section :p

but this topic is great. its an awesome crosssection of what warmoth has to offer.

Some really nice bodies have come out in the last couple of days

vipp173A.jpg

vipp173C.jpg

mp193A.jpg

(there's also a red and brown SG)

SLCP39C.jpg

I'm imagining wearing a blue-jean jacket with this one (yeah, I know they're not in style anymore.  I don't care.)

SustainerPlayer said:
kbomån said:
Yeah, I'd say this is a pretty good time to shop for things priced in USD... I don't think I've ever seen the USD priced this low compared to a Swedish krona.

Yeah - I think there was an all time low in 2008 where it bottomed out at 468 or so ... can only hope for that again  :icon_biggrin:

Yeah, I was working for a Swedish company here in the US then. One of the guys in the office was making USD and paying on his student loans in Krona. Don't always work in your favor. :)

Jet-Jaguar said:
I'm imagining wearing a blue-jean jacket with this one (yeah, I know they're not in style anymore.  I don't care.)

They were in before?  :laughing7:

swarfrat said:
SustainerPlayer said:
kbomån said:
Yeah, I'd say this is a pretty good time to shop for things priced in USD... I don't think I've ever seen the USD priced this low compared to a Swedish krona.

Yeah - I think there was an all time low in 2008 where it bottomed out at 468 or so ... can only hope for that again  :icon_biggrin:

Yeah, I was working for a Swedish company here in the US then. One of the guys in the office was making USD and paying on his student loans in Krona. Don't always work in your favor. :)

Ouch! Those student loans are a bitch, but I'm glad they exist :p

The last two pages have just about made me cry. W has been coming out with some killer bodies and neck combos in the last few months and I am broke at the moment.  I am trying to get friends to buy stuff just so I can assemble them.  Damn you W for infecting me with GAS.

Back