GAS Alert!!!!

Or it could be that since there is a pickguard covering most of front, they put the nice piece on the back where you can see more of it. It's not like it is difficult to look at the back of a guitar.

I'm GASsing for a few things...

1. USA Select Series Jackson Warrior

2. Moser Custom Shop FastStar

3. Dave Murray Signature Fender Stratocaster

4. Tremol-No for my new Jackson JS32 Warrior

5. Warwick Streamer bass

how was this one passed up?
SN9949A.jpg

SN9949C.jpg

mmm. scalloped maple/canary

I'm afraid the scalloping is part of what makes that grain so special. I've always had a fascination with scalloped fingerboards even though it's really nothing like anything I should be remotely interested in. But perhaps I'm letting the Malmsteen association color my perception too much. 

swarfrat said:
I'm afraid the scalloping is part of what makes that grain so special. I've always had a fascination with scalloped fingerboards even though it's really nothing like anything I should be remotely interested in. But perhaps I'm letting the Malmsteen association color my perception too much. 

You could always think "John McLaughlin" instead - I hear he has monkeyed with scalloped fingerboards at some point.

AutoBat said:

Scalloped 'boards always look good, but they're really weird to play. So, it's probably part that and part apprehension, depending on whether the shopper has played one before or not.

Cagey said:
AutoBat said:

Scalloped 'boards always look good, but they're really weird to play. So, it's probably part that and part apprehension, depending on whether the shopper has played one before or not.

If you can play 6105 and 6100 frets without going sharp, you'll be fine scalloped. Just don't bear down looking for wood, it won't be there.

Death by Uberschall said:
Cagey said:
AutoBat said:

If you can play 6105 and 6100 frets without going sharp, you'll be fine scalloped. Just don't bear down looking for wood, it won't be there.
I like feeling my wood....oh wait, that didn't sound right... :icon_scratch:

I play 6100s, which makes me wonder how I'd like a scalloped 'board. The only scalloped guitar I've ever played was many, many years ago, and I didn't like it at all. But, back then I was playing Gibsons, too. Quite a difference in neck geometry there.

I've always wondered if a scalloped guitar might be more  a tool designed to expose the existence of bad habits. I know I'm slow and play with a death grip. But somehow its so familiar that I have a hard time thinking about it when I play.

Disco Scottie said:
The only scallops I like come with lobster.

Word. Or wrapped in bacon, seared and splashed with lemon juice. Hmm...I may be writing that in the "What's for dinner?" thread at some point in the not-too-distant future.  :laughing7:

..... :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:
B2066a.jpg

If i wasn't seriously doubting whether i actually "need" another bass having my five string z, p bass, thunderbird and project jazz.
I would buy this right now that my grants come in and save for a neck and such,
One time i would go against my slight not liking of bare wood guitars, though considering i loved a warwick stryker i once played im a hypocrite  :doh:
Though im considering getting some actives or a MM set up for this to justify it, :laughing7:
:sad: :sad: :sad: :sad:

SolomonHelsing said:
..... :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:
B2066a.jpg

If i wasn't seriously doubting whether i actually "need" another bass having my five string z, p bass, thunderbird and project jazz.
I would buy this right now that my grants come in and save for a neck and such,
One time i would go against my slight not liking of bare wood guitars, though considering i loved a warwick stryker i once played im a hypocrite  :doh:
Though im considering getting some actives or a MM set up for this to justify it, :laughing7:
:sad: :sad: :sad: :sad:

Wow, that really is beautiful!

Yeah, I'd say this is a pretty good time to shop for things priced in USD... I don't think I've ever seen the USD priced this low compared to a Swedish krona.

iserver

kbomån said:
Yeah, I'd say this is a pretty good time to shop for things priced in USD... I don't think I've ever seen the USD priced this low compared to a Swedish krona.

Yeah - I think there was an all time low in 2008 where it bottomed out at 468 or so ... can only hope for that again  :icon_biggrin:

Just wait. A few more years of the current gang and the dollar is going to start looking like a peso.

Back