sn9939b.jpg

sn9939e.jpg

sn9940a.jpg

sn9940b.jpg

sn9940e.jpg

sn9941a.jpg

sn9941b.jpg

sn9941e.jpg

I thought they never put maple fretboards on non-maple necks.

Woaaaaahhhhh Daddy!

Those are incredible!!
:eek:

pt2262A.jpg

THANK YOU to whoever bought this one!  I've been drooling over it and with just finishing another project really didn't have the funds but came oh so close.  I wanted a bloodwood neck to go with it and I decided if one appeared it was a sign and I was going to buy it - but secretly was hoping it would just go away lol.  THANK YOU AGAIN

AprioriMark said:
I pulled the trigger on that neck's sexier sister:

sn9939A.jpg

sn9939G.jpg

-Mark

You could slap that neck on the much-maligned toilet-seat gag guitar and still win GOTM with it.

-Bagman

DangerousR6 said:
AprioriMark said:

-Mark
Now you need a strat body with a walnut top and flame maple back.... :icon_thumright:

That's what I'm looking at now... unique choice Walnut top, chambered, single f hole.  No trem though, sorry.  :(

-Mark

AprioriMark said:

Nice catch! I'm glad to see someone here get at least one of them; that's an unusual and beautiful combination.

If those necks didn't have abalone I'd be buying one of them right now. I've had some spare cash kicking around for a couple of weeks, been thinking about doing a really "classy" build to be the counter part to my glam purple/pearl monster. I draw the line at abalone though so I think that may save me from a rash and poorly planned purchase.

Still, please Warmoth, make maple fretboards a common option for all non-maple necks, there's really no reason why it can't be done. Or at least for the neck stocks that can take a finish. That's too great a look to not make more of.

Quick! Somebody give me $400. This practically brand new Artcore is for sale with a case for $475. the pictures aren't flattering, but i've seen these in person. and this thing still has the foam under the bridge and plastic on the pickup.  :sad: I just sold some gear and used the money to buy a mic preamp. dammit

Attachments

• a9tevq.jpg
    a9tevq.jpg
    115.1 KB · Views: 422
  • 25rl9jr.jpg
    25rl9jr.jpg
    118.4 KB · Views: 387
Ace Flibble said:
Still, please Warmoth, make maple fretboards a common option for all non-maple necks, there's really no reason why it can't be done. Or at least for the neck stocks that can take a finish. That's too great a look to not make more of.

+1

That seems to be very common with Warmoth and black korina. They almost always put any darker grain on the back and leave the plainer parts for the front. It'a arse-about-face in my opinion. I've seen so many pieces in the Showcase over the last couple of years where I keep thinking "if only they had flipped that wood around", "why did they use that wood for a top route?", "no Warmoth, masked binding does not look good on Candy Red" or "who the hell ever thought that vintage tint gloss 7-string warhead neck was a good idea!?" (you've all seen it, someone please buy it and put it out of its misery). I love Warmoth but some of the parts that come up in the Showcase make me question their intelligence and it doesn't surprise me that certain necks and bodies have been in there for what must be well over a year now.

See that Strat body there, Warmoth? Next time you get a piece of wood like that, FLIP IT THE OTHER WAY AROUND.

My theory is that there's a lefty with an <ahem> axe to grind at warmoth.  So he says - they want right handed guitars, I'll show em freakin right handed guitars.

that strat is chambered. perhaps the backpiece wasn't thick enough for a full thickness body, or there was a huge defect in the top. we can't be sure. but I am sure that the guys at warmoth are just as nuts as we are about timber, and thats why I'm also sure they will orient a piece of wood as nicely as they can.

Back