First Clip in months. Warmoth Poplar B16 tele custom

guitarslinger21

https://soundcloud.com/holidaysintheusa/skreddy-rubber-soul

Pretty stoked about the sounds of this guitar.

I've never seen another '72 Custom style tele with a B16.  (except for my black maple B16 Tele Custom)
Body: Poplar, forearm cut. tru oil.
neck: roasted maple back, goncalo alves board. gold 6150 frets
pickups: Wilde L48TL, Brandonwound Wide Range Humbucker

jxAMwIPl.jpg

Very very cool.  Really like the dynamics of the song and love the playing.  Restrained and tasteful with a lot of mood.  Right up my alley.

Also, your sound is great.  This gives me great hope as I'm building a Warmoth Tele and bought Wilde Bill Lawrence Microcoils.  Was heavily debated between these and the TwinBlade.  You're making me rethink my decision.

Really nicely done. 

rauchman said:
Very very cool.  Really like the dynamics of the song and love the playing.  Restrained and tasteful with a lot of mood.  Right up my alley.

Also, your sound is great.  This gives me great hope as I'm building a Warmoth Tele and bought Wilde Bill Lawrence Microcoils.  Was heavily debated between these and the TwinBlade.  You're making me rethink my decision.

Really nicely done.

Thanks, dude!  Do it!  Build a Warmy Tele.  It will become your #1 guitar.  FWIW, I MUST have a forearm cutout on mine.  Also, the Twin blades and both micro coils are all equally good.  I have both on MANY guitars.  That said, the L48/45 are humbucking with no compromise in killer tone, and that can come in very useful when recording.  You'll probably end up with both anyways.  Wilde pickups are just about my favorite lineup of pickups overall.

Great song and great tone! I kind of dread seeing your posts, as they always make me want to build a new guitar  :toothy12:

I know this is impulsive and possibly stupid, but after listening to the sound you're getting, I ordered that Bill Lawrence (Wilde) L48TL bridge pup, as well as the corresponding neck pup.  REALLY dig the sound.

Of course, this is after ordering, and receiving, the Bill Lawrence Tele MicroCoils.  Well, at least I can experiment between all those pups and they're not that expensive to buy.

rauchman said:
I know this is impulsive and possibly stupid, but after listening to the sound you're getting, I ordered that Bill Lawrence (Wilde) L48TL bridge pup, as well as the corresponding neck pup.  REALLY dig the sound.

Of course, this is after ordering, and receiving, the Bill Lawrence Tele MicroCoils.  Well, at least I can experiment between all those pups and their not that expensive to buy.

You will love them!!! Congrats!!!

Back