Quick new song: total rush job. Warmoth Tele Custom

guitarslinger21

EDIT:

Frank DeSalvo's Mastering on track here:

https://soundcloud.com/holidaysintheusa/the-world-will-break-your-heart-1

I think it sounds killer.

SO, with the wife working from home, and my 2 year old running around, I don't get to record at home much anymore. I decided to set up a satellite studio at the office. Just a Shure sm7b into focusrite 2i2 into my work computer with reaper running. No outboard compressors or preamps. I threw this together over a couple of stray hours over 2 days with a guitar and a drum machine. I"m stoked about recording again, however, my work computer is having lots of trouble with some of my plugins. Oh well. I just have to keep it simple right now. Enjoy!

BTW, rig was:
warmoth swamp ash tele custom with a jess loureiro wrhb and a wilde L48TL.
Keeley 2 knob comp
Walrus 385 OD
Catalinbread adineko oil can delay
Keeley 30ms for chorus and verb
Mr black supermoon MS
Fender champion 600
pacific 1x12 cube. EV force 12

I was able to add bass with my little Korg Volca FM. I think it sounds killer. I would love to master this track, but my computer freezes up with my better plugins. Time to get a new work computer. :lol:

mIRGwEr.jpg

G57QhG1.jpg

Definitely has a solid 80's vibe, Smiths, Bryan Ferry, something like that happening.  Very well done!

Bagman67 said:
Definitely has a solid 80's vibe, Smiths, Bryan Ferry, something like that happening.  Very well done!

YES, but fresh. I LOVE LOVE this!  I'm so into huge reverb on tracks and even during mastering.  The recessed drums are tremendous, too.  Nothing like throwing on some cans and getting lost in the sound.

I'd def like to master this for you.  I don't have much free time, but it would be a fun project.  If you'd like, you can simply email me the wav bounced down to -6DB (with no stuff on the master fader except a gain plugin set at -6db).

EDIT:

Frank DeSalvo's Mastering on track here:

https://soundcloud.com/holidaysintheusa/the-world-will-break-your-heart-1

I think it sounds killer.  He definitely got some more juice out of it.  It sounds nice and clear.  Thanks, Frank!!!!

You're right. Killer! More depth & clearity. Frank did you right, there. :icon_thumright: :icon_thumright:

Rgand said:
You're right. Killer! More depth & clearity. Frank did you right, there. :icon_thumright: :icon_thumright:

Shoot, when I do a few more tracks, I might see if I can just pay him to do it all. :headbang4: :bass:

Thanks for the kind words. I was so brain dead from dad duty that I forgot to offer you a few versions to select.  Let me know if you need any adjustments. That song is killer!

Back