First build

Paul4Guns

Just off the UPS truck. This is my first build, and a serious attempt to get back into gee-tar-ing after over a decade long hiatus.

The goal of this project is to get something similar to the Fender American Deluxe Tele but customized to my liking. So, I picked up a set of Fender Noiseless N3's. For electronics I'm eyeing the premium kit from Stew Mac. And I'm ditching the Fender S-1 switch for a 4-way.

Very nice looking combo you have there.

A fender S1 switch isn't a blade switch, so not sure how you can ditch it for a 4 way ?

Here's the truth table for the American Deluxe Tele and a 4-Way.

3-Way    S-1    Config
1        N/A    Neck
2        Up      Neck+Bridge Parallel
2        Down    Neck+Bridge Series
3        N/A    Bridge

4-Way    Config
1        Neck+Bridge Series
2        Neck
3        Neck+Bridge Parallel
4        Bridge

The tone and volume will function like a standard tele config.

Ok, I see what you mean now. I think a 4 way for those configurations is better than the 3 way and S1.

Not that I'm against the S1 I think it's quite a good idea, the Baja tele uses one plus a 4 way, some like it some prefer more straight forward.

I almost bought a red tele body similar to the one you have a while back but someone bought it before I got to it. Some nice flame in that neck too. What does it look like from the back ?

That is one nice tele. And welcome back to playing. I started again a couple years ago after twenty years of having nothing to do with it after quitting. Got into the partscaster thing and am really seeing it's merits.

Back