First Build : Please Meet Valentina

bbl4ck

After long and grueling anticipation, my Warmoth V is finally coming together.  Thanks to everyone that took the time to answer all my stupid questions [typical newbie]!  The neck was delivered several weeks ago and the body came home on Friday.  I am ready to start slappin' her together.  Yes, you will likely see more stupid questions coming your way. 

The Details

Body:
Flame maple over Swamp Ash - Contoured heel - 720 mod - Yellow dye top over transparent yellow back - Black accent line
Schaller roller tunematic bridge
Bigsby B500 vibrato

Neck:
Wenge w/ Jet-black ebony fingerboard - no markers
Planet wave tuners

Electronics:
Rio Grande BBQ Bucker bridge
Rio Grande Genuine Texas neck
500K no load tone pot
Volume pots with treble bleed network
Mallory tone cap
Vintage 1957 cloth wiring

Bling-Bling
Custom neck plate by Dangerous Dan - If your axe isn't wearing neckwear by Dangerous, it ain't spit

Coming soon:
Custom Jet Black Ebony humbucker rings, knobs, truss rod cover, and back cover from Mr. Gilford at pickuprings.com
[This cat does some beautiful custom luthier work]

DSCN0618.jpg

DSCN0642.jpg

DSCN0635.jpg

DSCN0623.jpg

Thanks again to everyone.  What a great forum!!!  :hello2: :hello2: :hello2: :hello2: :hello2: :hello2:

Looks great!  Nice to see something other than a strat or a tele once in a while  :laughing7:

I'm interested to see how the bigsby will go on...

Thanks Dan and dbw,

All of the pots, caps, and wire came from:
http://singlecoil.com/shop.html

They have some really great and hard to find electronics.  They are in Germany, so there is a bit of shipping delay; but all items arrived within 10 days.  Dirk is a very cool and helpful person.  Highly Recommend!!! :headbang1:

Holy crap that is going to be insane! I can't wait to see it together. :icon_thumright:

Nice! you won't regret the Swamp Ash / Wenge combo... worked great for me!

I guess I still have to get used to the V / Bigsby thing  :icon_smile:

Hey rockskate4x,

Warmoth would not drill the holes for the bridge because I had to have a roller bridge related to using the Bigsby.  Since they don't sell roller bridges, I had to seek one on my own.  I don't think Warmoth felt comfortable drilling holes for a mount not knowing for sure what it would be.  Anyway, no, I am not going to drill them myself.  Not that brave yet!  I am going to have a local luther from Atomic Guitar Works here in Phoenix do that for me. 

:rock-on: :rock-on: :rock-on:

Back