First Build - Mahogany LP

neotim

It's done... just needs paste wax after it cures for a month.  Here's the specs:
- Mahogany body and neck ('59 profile and 1.75" wide)
- Rosewood fretboard
- Hand rubbed Minwax tung oil finish on Mahogany surfaces (3 coats on neck and 4 on body)
- SD Jazz neck and Pearly Gates Bridge... wired using SD specs

I only had two major problems during assembly.  The wiring kit that came from Warmoth wasn't enough to run three shielded wires to the switch.  I did some searching and found out that a USB cable is shielded, so I used a spare one that I had (they have 4 wires in them), and it worked perfectly.  I don't know how I would've fit 3 of the shielded wires from Warmoth in the wire routes anyway!

The other problem was fitting the knobs on the pots.  Even after pinching the split pots together I had to really push hard and the two tone pots broke and are very loose now.  They still work amazingly, but I have replacement pots and knobs on the way.  The volume knobs fit well after I reamed them out with my drill press.

Sounds great to my ear!

lpdonesm-1_zpsa3acae2a.jpg

lpdonesm-2_zps2a76c61b.jpg

lpdonesm-3_zpsef38b9ec.jpg

lpdonesm-4_zpsb5fdd8b1.jpg

lpdonesm-5_zpsa2fe69ab.jpg

lpdonesm-6_zps8bbb727b.jpg

That is the best flat top Lp i've ever seen, congrats!  :cool01: :icon_thumright:

I tend towards complicated builds - complicated wiring, elaborate finishes, binding, etc. This is so beautiful in its simplicity... makes me want to do a nice, clean simple one like this.  :rock-on:

That is REALLY(!!)COOL!! I LIKE it...Such a clean machine...
Very, very tasty. I can't even say why, but it looks nicer with each successive viewing.  :hello2:

Purty dang awesome.  Simplicity is a virtue in this day of spectacular quilty-flamey-trans-googly-moogly lumber (and I'm guilty of it myself) - yours is a vision uncluttered by flash and whiz-bang.  Nice job.

Beautiful! That's an exceptional piece of Mahogany! Good choices all around... I'm sold.

That's "owner-finished"... why no entry in this month's GOTM contest?

Back