Fire Sale VW body arrived....

jackthehack

This just in; pics don't do it justice; lighting sucks and flash doesn't work on gloss finish; curiously the graining on the extra light swamp ash back almost looks like korina rather than ash....  Having a hard time making my mind up on neck; leaning towards one of the ebony on canary Warmoth necks in Showcase - the ebony on padouk would look cool, too but the body only weighs 3 lbs even and worried it might be neck-heavy if I went that route; all hw & Wilkinson will be black. Was originally going to put an RG Big Bottom set in this, but after seeing/hearing that video on the new SD SHPR-1 "P-Rails" - http://www.unofficialwarmoth.com/index.php?topic=2143.0 - I'm hot for those now....

vwf.jpg

vwb.jpg

dudesweet157

Darn you Jack, that was the one I wanted to buy!  I had to wait until payday, and by then, they were all gone.  :confused4:

ventolino

:kewlpics:
Hmmm... it looks much more beautiful than those photos in showcase.  :eek:ccasion14:
Please post pictures when you finished works.

kruneh

I guess people made some awesome scores from that sale. Looks great!
This is a little off topic, but if you wanted maple or canary board for that, what hardware colour would you choose?

jackthehack

Can't find ANYBODY with those new SD SHPR-1 pickups in stock; emailed SD will let everybody know what they respond with as to availability....

Kostas

jackthehack said:
Can't find ANYBODY with those new SD SHPR-1 pickups in stock; emailed SD will let everybody know what they respond with as to availability....

They 're not out yet.

DiMitriR33

i looked at that body a while back. i loved the color and top but in the warmoth pics i thought the edge radius was bigger. just didn't look right without the binding. now i see your pics and wish  i'd bought it even at full price. when those p-rails come out plese let us know what ya think. a pair of these could make one versitile guitar with out much compromise.

jackthehack

Got this back from SD today:

Dealer won't have P-Rails for another few weeks. I'd try preordering a set through Wymore Guitars.
http://shop.wymoreguitars.com/category.sc?categoryId=33 scroll to thebottom.

Alex Semple
Seymour Duncan/Basslines/DTAR
5427 Hollister Ave, Santa Barbara, CA 93111-2345
Tel. (805) 964-9610 Fax. (805) 964-9749

jackthehack

Just wound up custom ordering neck - Warmoth style, canary with jet black ebony fretboard. MOP dots, graphite nut, 6130 frets, PW tuner holes...

Alfang

Jesus H jack, is there a "He who dies with the most bitchen collection of Warmoth guitars wins" competition going on that I didn't know about?

You should change your name to JacktheGuywithalltheshite

jackthehack

Actually I have to get my metal logos made and start selling them to make room for more, running out of room.