Evertune strat body from the showcase

C

Cederick

I have been planning to get a strat body from Warmoth with evertune routing and TADAA a strat showed showed up in the showcase, for 199 only  :eek:

My original idea was a alpine white strat with black hardware (gonna do that later for my super metal racer guitar haha) but a vintage white with chrome hardware will work well too.

It has some dings but nothing I could care less about, I'm not too picky about those things.

So I bought this body, a simple showcase maple/rosewood strat neck with stainless steel frets and a H-S-S pickguard. Yep I ordered the body routed for H-S-S too. Bridge, pickups and stuff will be ordered here at home in Sweden  :)

So this will be my second Warmoth, but also my first Warmoth with a proffesional finish... Can't wait to get this thing home and get started! I just hate checking for tuning because I record music all day and don't wanna waste time on checking if the tuning is right. And will stainless steel frets I'm not gonna have to worry about getting my frets worn down either, because I have only had my first Warmoth for a year and I already start to watch some real wear on the frets. It's playable and don't fret out but I will probably have it refretted and refinished because my own finish is crap.

This strat will probably be the best buy I have made in a long time! :toothy10:

Ps8847A.jpg

I think you're going to be very happy with that. It's an attractive instrument, and the performance is going to be outstanding.

Thanks  :glasses10: it's going to be my studio working horse!

Actually in "reality" I was planning something more like this, but since I found that cheap body in the showcase I couldn't resist. This will be my next build  :headbang1: either floyd or evertune, doesn't matter but it will be my absolute dream guitar! I can't decide for black or white pickups, or inlays vs no inlays, but we will see whatever comes out... It's all about it all being a white strat with black stuff on it.

But hey... Let's just complete this first guitar first :D

doql4i.jpg

But I gotta ask for the build I'm actually doing, I have little knowledge about single coils and wiring with more than one pickup (I like 80's style H-config superstrats hehe) so............

What pots? I guess I should go with at least a 500k pot for volume, but for tone? 500k again?
Is there some sort of "thing" that you can use for taming the singlecoils? Like a resistance or something, I'm totally green on this subject...

How I wire to the switch we can talk about later, at the moment I'm just packing hardware and electronics stuff in my shopping cart  :icon_biggrin:

I like it, in fact I've mocked up something similar for myself.

I like the neck on yours more though, might nick that idea!

I love binding though, and I think black binding might work a treat on yours.

All of those four are worthy of being drooled over  :icon_biggrin:

With my neck you mean the black head? My neck will also be white on the back :icon_biggrin:
If it's a black pickguard = black headstock
White pickguard = white headstock

For me they really should match up for "balance"

I wont do any black on the headstock of the guitar I talked about in the first post, but that's because I want it to look a bit more vintage than my alpine white racer guitar  :icon_thumright:

About binding = sure looks cool, but I would really like a white clean surface on my strat.
Bindings do it more for me on more sharp guitars like Ibanezes and maybe Soloist

Also nice to see somebody else who can't stand the volume knob right under the E string  :toothy12:

Thanks. It's on the back burner for now, but it's an idea I'll return to.

Incidentally, if you want to visualize black pickup covers, you need look no further than the Fender Modern Player HSS.

fendermodernplayerhssstratolympicwhitelarge.jpg

Great looking guitar I think.

Yeah haha I have had an eye on that one too, but I wouldn't be able to play that with the volume knob that high up. It's in the way for me...

But I could probably just get a new pickguard from Warmoth, even tho from what I understand it wont fit with any other guitars than warmoth?? :dontknow:

Other than that I think it would be a great price for a good backup/rehearsal room guitar.

Actually Warmoth pickguards are standard Fender shape, so it should fit fine. I wasn't necessarily suggesting that guitar as an alternative though, it's just a good visual reference.

I also don't like the Volume knob where it usually lives on a Strat. Over the years I've been playing one I've developed a nervous habit of constantly touching the volume knob to check that it's on 10. That's why I moved mine all the way down here on my Warmoth:

IMG_1694_zpsedf27211.jpg

You probably don't share my desire to abolish the tone knobs though!

Haha that's as long way down as it gets ;) strats with block inlays is a winner too!

Depends, for my metal guitars (like the alpine white strat) I don't need a tone, but I want a tone for this one I'm making now because I want some more diversity in sounds.

But most of the time tone knobs only collect dust.

I even had an Explorer a while ago I made the electronics so that there where only one volume and a switch for the two pickups, but I still had all tone knobs and shite there for visuals. But inside was only a few cables :toothy12:

So excited. Getting hardware and electronics next week too!

fnfzbc.jpg

Latest update on the process... Now I just have to afford the hardware and stuff... Aaah!!!

Nice! So, in the end, was it possible to get the Evertune bridge to install and function properly, in spite of the routing problems?

I had to modify it by hand a bit... But I guess it works, I don't know yet.
The back cover is still not on I have to drill new holes for it

Back