Don't let this happen to you...

whitebison66

Note to self: Save photos of Showcase/Screamin' Hot Deals bodies and necks BEFORE buying them.

Can someone refresh my ailing memory as to how you can find those photos? I seem to recall someone talking about it.

Go into the showcase. Open a similar item. If it shows 'share this picture', click that. Copy the content of the box 'HTML to embed...' into Notepad. cut all text except the part between quotes that starts with "http://" and ends with ".jpg". In this string replace the showcase number with the one you would like to see. Paste the resulting string into your browser.
If it doesn't have the 'share this picture' link, click on the picture to open the large version. Right click on that, then select 'properties'. Paste the string you find under 'Address(URL)' into Notepad, replace the showcase number with the one you're interested in, then paste into your browser.

When I paste "http://www.warmoth.com/showcase/bodies/large/PT944.jpg" (without quotes), I get nothing. What am I doing wrong?

I'm looking for PT944, btw.

You need to leave the A (front view), B (rear view) or possibly C (additional view with pickguard or three quarters view) in the filename.
For the front view you need to use http://www.warmoth.com/showcase/bodies/large/PT944A.jpg

PT944A.jpg

I did the same thing. I got my pics by Google searching for my body and neck numbers - it'll come back with the page that used to have what you ordered on it. If you just click the link you'll get a "no item found" page, but if you click on the "cached" link in the Google result, you'll get the page as it was last captured by Google. Unless you happen to do it after Google has re-captured the page, it should bring up the old, pre-buy page with all the images.

It sounds worky but really it is simple.

-erik

THANK YOU for the help; pictures found and saved.

It was a vaguely impulsive buy. When I saw that it hit $229, I couldn't stop myself. I'd been stalking it since $399 and couldn't believe no one grabbed it at $249; I almost did. I learned my lesson the hard way with the Dragonburst VIP that I let slip away.

I'm actually going to put a reverse Jackson maple/maple half-scallop on it. I always somehow really loved the utter wrongness of a tele with a Jackson headstock, kind of a polar opposite thing.

I'll have it routed for humbucker bridge and strat neck. That way I can go between a normal tele bridge or some Full Metal Racket thing like a Detonator.

Though I am seriously considering EMGs. It would look right, I think.

I wanted to keep as much of the top as I could, but the traditional Tele neck pickups are really not my thing. The strat-size rout just leaves me a lot more options.

Chrome hardware, btw.

Mr. E. said:
I did the same thing. I got my pics by Google searching for my body and neck numbers - it'll come back with the page that used to have what you ordered on it. If you just click the link you'll get a "no item found" page, but if you click on the "cached" link in the Google result, you'll get the page as it was last captured by Google. Unless you happen to do it after Google has re-captured the page, it should bring up the old, pre-buy page with all the images.

It sounds worky but really it is simple.

-erik

And would have the advantage that you would also be able to store the text from the original page as well. I like to save not just the pictures but the description as well.

"You Might Not Need Stage Lights with This Baby! Versatile Alder Tele Finished in Mind Blowing Tequila Sunrise Burst! Contoured Heel for Easier Upper Fret Access!"

As a side note, the new Warmoth website preserves Showcase pictures and your order in your password protected account so that you can go back and review them at any time.

Gregg said:
As a side note, the new Warmoth website preserves Showcase pictures and your order in your password protected account so that you can go back and review them at any time.

Nice feature!  My first Warmoth, I forgot to save pics, too, but I figured it was my punishment to have to wait to see what I got!

Gregg said:

Awesome!

Gregg,

Is there a reason you guys take the photos down from being viewed by anyone?  Is it too demanding on your bandwidth somehow?  That's the only thing I can think, but you guys don't seem to have an issue with people hotlinking off your site, so that doesn't really make sense either.

Lucky #007 said:
Gregg,

Is there a reason you guys take the photos down from being viewed by anyone?  Is it too demanding on your bandwidth somehow?  That's the only thing I can think, but you guys don't seem to have an issue with people hotlinking off your site, so that doesn't really make sense either.
I don't know what the original reasoning was...before my time.

Could be the calls/mails asking why there's no 'buy now' button on a certain item. If the image is gone it's a bit more obvious than just the text 'this body/neck has been sold'...
Heck, there's even a notice on the customer gallery pointing out that those instruments are NOT for sale...

On the other hand, if someone calls/mails because he can't buy a body or neck that has already been sold, it would be a good opportunity to point out that you can always build him another one...

Once they are sold, they are removed so that noone else can click "buy now", it also frees up bandwidth for newer showcase listings.

Perhaps a SOLD section then?  I only say this, because you guys have had some truly amazing bodies up and it would be cool to see them or have them for potential new customers to look at.  Like that Red White and Blue tele.  Maybe just make it a highlights section.  I know you have the user galleries, but some of the best ones you guys have done aren't up because the person never sent in a picture.  Just food for thought.

Lucky #007 said:
Perhaps a SOLD section then?  I only say this, because you guys have had some truly amazing bodies up and it would be cool to see them or have them for potential new customers to look at.  Like that Red White and Blue tele.  Maybe just make it a highlights section.  I know you have the user galleries, but some of the best ones you guys have done aren't up because the person never sent in a picture.  Just food for thought.
How about a Showcase Archive with 41,500 pictures in it for browsing through. It's coming.

Back