Did you see this cocobolo tele? Wow!

RadsRock

This is sweeet!

PT1173a.jpg

I searched to see if anyone had posted this, and ended up in a thread where a side discussion said Warmoth doesn't normally do cocobolo, or wouldn't be after a few pieces were gone.  Something about an allergic employee? 

I have wondered why they don't have coco WGDs, since that would more closely replicate the Doug Irwin guitars.

Apparently the problem with colobolo is that a lot of people can develop an allergy to the sawdust.  It can supposedly happen in a matter of months.

Yea - that is pretty nice!  Would look great with a raw neck of some kind.

I am looking for a way to spend some xmas money...

*I* like it a LOT!  They probably put it on a flat top to help cut down on the sanding/shaping, and any more dust in the air. Gorgeous  :icon_thumright:

I think I'd go chrome.

Gold crossed my mind also, but to me I think it would look too... I don't know... "chichi" you might say.

Chrome. If you try too hard to make something look classy, it usually ends up backfiring. Understated is good.

Bound bloodwood neck, chrome hardware, a Tele bridge and a humbucker in the neck.

Sorry, wmg... I won't let you put a floyd on that!  :evil4:

James, you should get this!  Its the reason you didn't get the PF strat -- ya know, in a cosmic, everything-happens-for-a-reason kind of a way.

Blue313 said:
Apparently the problem with colobolo is that a lot of people can develop an allergy to the sawdust.  It can supposedly happen in a matter of months.

I believe the problem is to work with it... after it got a hard finish, I can't see reasons to develop allergy to someone...

RadsRock said:
James, you should get this!  Its the reason you didn't get the PF strat -- ya know, in a cosmic, everything-happens-for-a-reason kind of a way.

Not that I don't like it, But natural wood just really isn't my thing, I'm more of a solid paint, trans, and dye on laminate maple kind of person, I like the color ya know? But I really do like this, I just can't see spending the 700$ for something that really just isn't me.  :eek:ccasion14:

NonsenseTele said:
Blue313 said:

I believe the problem is to work with it... after it got a hard finish, I can't see reasons to develop allergy to someone...
http://www.exoticwoodgroup.com/about_cocobolo.htm

Back