May 2012 Guitar of the Month Contest Submissions (12)

To be honest, I don't really care about winning at this point.  It was nice when my LP won, I was very surprised when my Strat won.  Just getting a couple votes is enough for me.  I love my guitars and my bass, it's just fun to put them on display in a competition and know that pictures of them will be saved by the forum in the GOM threads for future members to look at.  It's like entering an online art show or something, and that makes it fun. 

Of course, if I really wanted to win, all I have to do is enter GOM over and over until people are finally convinced to vote for it.  :evil4:

Yeah, I almost decided to stay on the porch this month. I suspect this being the first one after several months hiatus could have something to do with it.

Wow! It looks like people have been sitting on some great builds. There are a lot of heavy hitters in the room. I would love to have every one of these.

swarfrat said:
I suspect this being the first one after several months hiatus could have something to do with it.

I agree. GOTM seemed to drop off there and it seemed some had lost interest or there wasn't a distinct variety each month. Taking a break seems to have saved up the awesomeness. Maybe it should only happen once every 3 months.

Wow - quite a few of these guitars could win future GOMs if they don't win this month.  :hello2:

Some VERY nice guitars and a lot of teles!!  Necks seem to be getting more and more exotic!!!  I love it!!!

Tough call this month...I think the delayed contest allowed for a stock pile of great instruments!!

DMRACO said:
Some VERY nice guitars and a lot of teles!!  Necks seem to be getting more and more exotic!!!  I love it!!!

Tough call this month...I think the delayed contest allowed for a stock pile of great instruments!!

Fancy bodies are getting easier to come by, but Warmoth is one of the few places you can get truly exotic necks so if you want something unique, that's the way to go.

I'm saving my first entry for the Jaguar. I would put the strat in, but it looks like hell right now.

Wow....  I'll need to spend some time thinking about my vote.

I hope those that don't win this month come back for another round in the future. :kewlpics:

This is going to be tough to pick a winner. The quality of these guitars is amazing and I would be proud to own anyone of them. Great job guys!

Wow - what a collection of entries!

4 necks with no inlays - got to love that. Neither of my warmoths have them, after playing for too many years have no use for them.

I'd really like to win, and will vote for my own entry because it's the right thing to do (and if you're not sure which one to vote for, vote for the green one! It's the right thing to do). However, if it wasn't my guitar I'm not sure I'd vote for it! Although it would be hard to pick any one that stands out - they're all great!

at least there are plenty of teles & gold hardware to thin the herd!

(note: i may have voted for a tele and/or gold hardware before)

Back