Did you see this cocobolo tele? Wow!

It's gorgeous... you may want to check out the Toxic woods list at http://www.mimf.com/archives/toxic.htm

I had 2 lung infections from one build I did , exotic woods are beautiful but catuion must be taken .. kinda like women.

From what I've read, the hippies at Alembic wind up gobbling up any free cocobolo on the market for their wares. The allergic element, at least according to Wikipedia, is that the wood oil is what causes the reaction, which is where I can see sawdust being an issue. I think you'd have to have the same circulation you would have in a paint booth to work with it on a consistent basis and not get ill from the dust.

I thought it was the inhaled saw dust that caused the alergic reaction, not touching the wood with your fingers. 

From working on furniture, I know that the sawdust from oily woods can be saturated with such oil, plus a hot blade will vaporize organic oils, releasing them into the air around you. You may be able to smell it, but you really can't see it. Plus, the fine, lighter-than-air sawdust from sanding is oil rich, which will irritate the lungs if you don't use a quality respirator.

Plus, if you ever need to use a guitar to stay afloat in the sea, never use a cocobolo one--Wikipedia says that it sinks in water.

Graffiti62 said:
Plus, if you ever need to use a guitar to stay afloat in the sea, never use a cocobolo one--Wikipedia says that it sinks in water.
I guess that leaves you with ducks and very small rocks.  :laughing7:

It was a mistake to put white/creme binding, should have been black binding, then black hdwr.  :icon_thumright:

Blue313 said:
Graffiti62 said:
I guess that leaves you with ducks and very small rocks.  :laughing7:
A bridge!
I love that movie. The Black Beast of Aaaggghhh or whatever is awesome.

Super Turbo Deluxe Custom said:
greywolf said:
....exotic woods are beautiful but catuion must be taken .. kinda like women.

Just take pics and give them to Nonsense Tele.  The woods that is.  (lol)

What exactly do you mean by "wood" there buddy? :eek:

It was indulging Nonsense Tele's request of, "Give me pics of exquisite, naked woods."

I think there are several sites out there that could satisfy NT's request.  Not that I know anything about that...

RadsRock said:
This is sweeet!

PT1173a.jpg

that's going to look soooo awesome with a gloss black poly paint job and a maple/maple neck with tortoise pickguard  :headbang1:

thinking about it almost makes me want to play guitar ... almost  :laughing3:

all the best,

R

It was indulging Nonsense Tele's request of, "Give me pics of exquisite, naked woods."

As this is ALWAYS his request

Back