Daphne Blue Precision Bass

djf67

I've had a significant allergy to some wood dust so my scratch building is on hold at the moment. I always wanted a Daphne Blue Strat relic but have ordered this Precision body to go with my Jazz neck and active EQ electronics -

bp1220c.jpg

bp1220b.jpg

It will have a red pearl pickguard, so a bit like this combo, only redder, and a different shape, obviously -

64_Jazz_Bass_Heavy_Relic_Daphne_Blue_Dark_Rosewood_R44335combo.jpg

Really cool, but Poly isn't the niciest finish to do a relic... I believe Mr Greg Tonar could do it for you on lacquer... But once he said his wife would be mad with him because the relicing process :laughing7:

Actually Nando she was only mad when she found a guitar body in the freezer.  :dontknow:

Not intending to relic this, although somehow all my guitars end up with bumps and scrapes pretty quickly  :laughing7:

UPS at the door...
Should go in 'just out the box' but I started this thread earlier.

daphnered.jpg

There is a tiny chip in the edge of the neck pocket that will be covered by the neck+/- scratchplate. As I'm not anally retentive I'm not sending it back.

And now, with incredible discipline, it is back in the box until Christmas.

Finished this over christmas and forgot the obligatory picture so took one today. Nice bright tone. Very pleased with it.

finished800.jpg

Tonar8353 said:
Actually Nando she was only mad when she found a guitar body in the freezer.  :dontknow:
Significant others don't take well to bodies in the freezer, this is one of those universal constants.
Patrick

I wouldn't have thought that pickguard would work well on there, but it obviously does. Nice job.

Back