Custom neckplate

Let's "crash" into the Dark Side of the Moon.... :icon_biggrin:
crash-1.jpg

Thank you, thank you, thank you!  I think I'm more anxious to get that neckplate than I am to get my neck.

DangerousR6 said:
I have found an alternative to the standard "steel" neck plates. I can get solid brass polished, and black anodized aluminum, polished clear anodized aluminum. But these plates are bit more expensive than the steel plates, however they won't rust...  :dontknow:
neckplateBlackAnoBrush.JPG

neckplatealumpol.JPG

neckplateflatpolished.JPG

Hey D - you still have those cool 'black chrome' plates too, don't you?

DangerousR6 said:
Any idea what that symbol is supposed to represent? Looks like drill dyes to me....  :dontknow:
It's the end view of a cylinder on a revolver...
[/quote]

Except that first picture is the front side a cap n ball black powder revolver's cylinder.  6 Nipples - if you're into that.

ORCRiST said:
DangerousR6 said:
I have found an alternative to the standard "steel" neck plates. I can get solid brass polished, and black anodized aluminum, polished clear anodized aluminum. But these plates are bit more expensive than the steel plates, however they won't rust...  :dontknow

Hey D - you still have those cool 'black chrome' plates too, don't you?
Yip, got black chrome and also nickel.....

Nope not the only machinist although I do very little metal work anymore I still do neck plates and an occasional hardtail bridge.  My focus is on working with wood these days.

Next time I do a neck plate I will post a pic here.  I do mine out of stainless steel and have done them in black, gold, polished, satin, and jeweled.  I also have started using 5 neck mounting screws so I have little choice but to make my own mounting plates.  I prefer doing a more rounded smoother neck joint than what Warmoth offers.  Mine is similar to a MusicMan neck joint. 

DiMitriR33 said:
you do it your self?

i thought i was the only machinist around here, that thing is cool. :headbang1:

i've been trying to figure out a good design for my Tequilacaster's neckplate since i saw the body in the showcase. still not sure :icon_biggrin:

JaySwear said:
i've been trying to figure out a good design for my Tequilacaster's neckplate since i saw the body in the showcase. still not sure :icon_biggrin:
Hmmmmmm, tequilacaster.....I like that... :icon_biggrin:

tequilasunrise.jpg

The glass is better than what popped in my head. I'm sorry but 'Tequilla' the song is forever associated with PeeWee Herman in my mind. Shudder

Back