Custom neckplate

Check it out, I ran across an unusual color plate in case somebody might be looking for something different. It's the one next to the black called black chrome, it looks even better in person. I know there are a couple places I've seen black chrome hardware before, but not many. And never have wseen a neck plate in it before. I kinda like it myself, if I could only find a Floyd in black chrome.....hmmmm
plateasst.jpg

Ibanez has been using a lot of black chrome hardware.  Kahler is also making black chrome pieces too.

DangerousR6 said:
Got a couple more to add to the pile... :icon_biggrin:  These are for Mr. E
erikwilsonMrE2.jpg

These rock!

The tele one is (obviously) going on the thinline I'm building. The other one is going on a strat with racing stripes  :headbang:

-erik

dmraco said:
Ibanez has been using a lot of black chrome hardware.  Kahler is also making black chrome pieces too.
I saw that while doing a search of hardware for the black chrome. There's also some Stop Tom bridges from Graphtech(black nickel), and Tone Pros(Cosmo black)...

ocguy106 said:
Doug is there anything you can do to remove all the machining marks?
Yep, sand blasting is one way.  The only other way would be to sand them out. 320 or 400 grit will take them out.

Doug posted a picture of my neck plate a while back.  Here is a picture of it installed.  In his pics it looks like my plate is made of brass or gold plated, but it is stainless steel.  I got stainless steel screws at the hardware store then.  I am really impressed with his work, I will gladly recommend his work to anyone that is building a guitar. 

l_a710e0408b894d4b81675d0342c2f153.jpg

Thanks Doug!!!!!

BigBeard said:
Doug posted a picture of my neck plate a while back.  Here is a picture of it installed.  In his pics it looks like my plate is made of brass or gold plated, but it is stainless steel.  I got stainless steel screws at the hardware store then.  I am really impressed with his work, I will gladly recommend his work to anyone that is building a guitar. 

l_a710e0408b894d4b81675d0342c2f153.jpg

Thanks Doug!!!!!
You are certainly welcome John, looks great.... :rock-on:

DangerousR6 said:
DocNrock said:
Any thoughts on that Eddie neck plate, Doug?
Still working on that one, it's gonna be a bit tougher than most... :icon_biggrin:

Alrighty...let me know when you come up with something.  I have confidence you can do something at least similar.   :icon_thumright:

O.K. Rene, your scorpion is headed for Belgium. I did my usual super duper wrap for you, and put some puppy tranquilizer dust on it to knock the poochez out.... :icon_biggrin:

DangerousR6 said:
O.K. Rene, your scorpion is headed for Belgium. I did my usual super duper wrap for you, and put some puppy tranquilizer dust on it to knock the poochez out.... :icon_biggrin:

:icon_thumright:

Hey Doug,

I had this idea for a neck plate. I know, it's the P&G logo but its so cool. Anyway, i figure there is too much detail or the detail is too small.. what do you think? I did a bit of photo shopping on it.

Brian

Back