Custom neckplate

Dangerous - I hear a "Ca-ching" in your future!

Gregg - The "W" is very cool - simple & classy - if the "W" was a little bit smaller, and left a little more space at either the top or bottom (or both), it would have space to allow the purchaser the chance to customize it as well with a name, nickname, build/serial number, whatever....

Gregg said:
DangerousR6 said:
Gregg said:
I was thinking of something simple like I saw one of our members suggest. The internal part of the W lowered by 1/16". 

Buy lowered you mean machining out the center of the W?
Yes.

We're on the lookout for someone who can mass produce them in gold, chrome and black for on-going orders from us.
Just to make sure, you would want the inside of the "W" machined out and not just the ouline correct...

DangerousR6 said:
Gregg said:
DangerousR6 said:
Gregg said:
I was thinking of something simple like I saw one of our members suggest. The internal part of the W lowered by 1/16". 

Yes.

We're on the lookout for someone who can mass produce them in gold, chrome and black for on-going orders from us.
Just to make sure, you would want the inside of the "W" machined out and not just the ouline correct...
Correct. The entire inside of the W letter machined out.

Gregg said:
DangerousR6 said:
Gregg said:
DangerousR6 said:
Gregg said:

Yes.

Ok gotcha....BTW is sent you a pm a few days ago, not related to this topic. Just curious if you read it or not. I'm sure you're pretty busy most of the time, I think I may have an answer to my question, I just want to be sure....

DangerousR6 said:
Gregg said:
DangerousR6 said:
Gregg said:
DangerousR6 said:
Gregg said:

Yes.

Ok gotcha....BTW is sent you a pm a few days ago, not related to this topic. Just curious if you read it or not. I'm sure you're pretty busy most of the time, I think I may have an answer to my question, I just want to be sure....
Replied to your PM.  :icon_thumright:

How 'bout some Warmoth plates.....? :headbang1:
2369418905_63c4cf0f93.jpg

DangerousR6 said:
DiMitriR33 said:
DangerousR6 said:
DiMitriR33 said:
DangerousR6 said:
dbw said:
Could you do very fine details like this?

I can give you a vector version in svg, pdf, or eps.

I'm afraid not, that's to fine a detail. To many little radius', I'd have to go thru each and every one and make sure the tool could cut each one. And that's way to time consuming, and I'm not afforded that much time. Sorry...

DangerousR6 i beleive the word is radii

and DBW yeah a design like that would be better etched onto a plate not cut into it, there are engraving tools that will cut very fine lines though.

look for a store that does custom engravings, they have cnc engravers that have a pointed diamond bit, the machines take vector drawings too. a CNC mill takes G-code which tells the machine where to cut. complex shapes are aproximated by [size=10pt]breaking it down into short lines and arcs(very short)[/size] so you need to run it through a cad/cam program first to write the G-code. most cad/cam will import dxf, iges, and other common CAD formats, so you'd need a file converter that goes from vector to cad format, ive use stuff like this for doing plaques and stuff. some newer software has art features that can take common image files though. it depends on what you work with.

Yes DiMitri you are correct it's radii,  it was a typo...

And as to the highlighted portion, you are correct in a way. The machine breaks down arcs into short lines, it doesn't really cut a tru arc or radius. And the machines we have are Conversational programming so I don't have to write G-code...It's too slow conversational is faster, however on super complpex programs I use a Cad/Cam program to draw what I want to cut and post it to a floppy, load into machine and let it translate into NC...

the machine might not actually move in a TRU arc, but pretty damn close, it does however accept circular interpolation in the NC code though and that's all i meant. all the machines i've worked with have had basic controllers, so i'm not familiar with conversational programming.

looking at the response you're getting i wish i was in a place i could do some under the table work, i could make a fortune

Yip you are right there, we just got a new machine afew months back, a Hurco VM2, it'll cut a round hole within .0002". Conversational is basically just ploting points by numbers.
This is our new Hurco...
2367845442_8eb5ba4812.jpg

that pic is gettin me excited,
all i get to work on here is a crappy fadal vmc 4020, it is a capable machine but they all seem to have problems.

DangerousR6 said:
How 'bout some Warmoth plates.....? :headbang1:
2369418905_63c4cf0f93.jpg

i don't recognise that screen shot, what type of software do you use?

I notice the W is cut out - just curious why you said my GD had to be inverted?

GoDrex said:
I notice the W is cut out - just curious why you said my GD had to be inverted?
Well if you want the points to be pointy as they are in your drawing it will have to be inverted,  but it doesn't matter to me, however you'd like it is how I'll cut it. Just let me know.

That is awesome, man,  I would love one in black.  Let me know what I would have to do to get one!  :hello2:

DUUUUDE I want one!  Can you engrave a custom serial number underneath??

guitlouie said:
That is awesome, man,  I would love one in black.  Let me know what I would have to do to get one!  :hello2:

same here! except chrome for me! 

DUUUUDE I want one!  Can you engrave a custom serial number underneath??

Ya'll want the "W"? I presume... ??? You'll have to ask Gregg, it's not my "W"..

Back