Custom neckplate

Oh, man, That is perfect.  You're going to make an eight year old I know very happy!  Thanks again, man.  Remind me of your paypal info in a PM and we will send our payment right along!

guitlouie said:
Oh, man, That is perfect.  You're going to make an eight year old I know very happy!  Thanks again, man.  Remind me of your paypal info in a PM and we will send our payment right along!

:icon_thumright: PM sent.......

DangerousR6 said:
Looky here looky here..... :headbang1:
2593445917_09c0c07f04.jpg
That looks awesome.

How much is postage from where you are to N.S.W Aus? ???

If i don't get my guitar i want soon, i'll just put it on the one i have now.

Wana_make_a_guitar said:
DangerousR6 said:
Looky here looky here..... :headbang1:
2593445917_09c0c07f04.jpg
That looks awesome.

How much is postage from where you are to N.S.W Aus? ???

If i don't get my guitar i want soon, i'll just put it on the one i have now.
Postage isn't too exspensive...I sent you a PM...

I think we should change it up and have "Dr. B's Custom U.S.A." under the "W"....... :hello2: :party07:

DangerousR6 said:
I think we should change it up and have "Dr. B's Custom U.S.A." under the "W"....... :hello2: :party07:

Naaaahhh, my profession is my job, my guitar is a hobby.  The closest the twain shall meet is in my handle.  :icon_thumright:

DocNrock said:
DangerousR6 said:

Naaaahhh, my profession is my job, my guitar is a hobby.  The closest the twain shall meet is in my handle.  :icon_thumright:
:doh:.....BTW that is your latest plate pictured above, got bored over the weekend and knocked out guitlouie's and yours. :headbang:

DangerousR6 said:
dbw said:
FYI guys the symbol in that tattoo is called an "om", as in the noise Hindus make when they meditate.  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Om has it in several scripts.
Web-OMmaple.gif

Hey, Doug.. I already have a neckplate for my next build, but no truss rod cover. Can't quite tell from the history, do you have materials to do a black truss rod cover? If so, I'd love an AUM.

If it's something you can do, could you use this as a source image
http://media.independent.com/img/photos/2007/06/30/Aum_05.jpg

just bevel all the sharp points a tiny bit, and put a circle instead of a diamond for the bindu (dot).

Obviously, ignore all the fancy border stuff in that image, just use the AUM character itself.
I'd want it so the character was machined out, and the background was the original black / raised part.

Let me know if it's possible - cheers!  Nice work!

onedrop said:
DangerousR6 said:
dbw said:
FYI guys the symbol in that tattoo is called an "om", as in the noise Hindus make when they meditate.  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Om has it in several scripts.
Web-OMmaple.gif

Hey, Doug.. I already have a neckplate for my next build, but no truss rod cover. Can't quite tell from the history, do you have materials to do a black truss rod cover? If so, I'd love an AUM.

If it's something you can do, could you use this as a source image
http://media.independent.com/img/photos/2007/06/30/Aum_05.jpg

just bevel all the sharp points a tiny bit, and put a circle instead of a diamond for the bindu (dot).

Obviously, ignore all the fancy border stuff in that image, just use the AUM character itself.
I'd want it so the character was machined out, and the background was the original black / raised part.

Let me know if it's possible - cheers!  Nice work!
I haven't really gotten into the truss rod covers yet, the AUM maybe a bit to tight to do on a truss rod cover. I'll have to do some cad work to see what I can do, I have a Warmoth style truss rod cover that's simular to the wood one with the AUM symbol on it I can use as a guide. I'll give it a shot and see.... :headbang1:

Cool.. thanks for taking a look. Let me know if you come up with anything workable.  :glasses10:

Hey Doug!  The eagle has landed!  The boy was more than a little impressed, and wanted to make sure I sent you a big ole' THANK-YOU right away!  Pics to follow......

guitlouie said:
Hey Doug!  The eagle has landed!  The boy was more than a little impressed, and wanted to make sure I sent you a big ole' THANK-YOU right away!  Pics to follow......
Alright, glad I could help make his project something special...... :icon_thumright:

Hey Shane, I got your chrome plate done. I'll get it out to ya wed., I'm off wed so I'll ship it out then..... :icon_biggrin:
2648303688_3512d2ea59.jpg

Back