Custom neckplate

jay4321 said:
Apologize I can’t scan this thread well as I’m on my phone and so, so lazy -

but hey DR6, need to know if there’s any issue engraving into an EMG metalworks chrome/steel pickup. Very light etching

Thanks
If you're referring to the pickup cover, yes it is possible. I've actually been working on an idea to engrave on a pup cover myself. Also ther's these i've done.
Hum%20cover_zpsrjyfte08.jpg

I need to come up with an idea for the tele twins. Couple ideas to play with here: Sr and Jr, mirrored.

I've been a little busy but I finally got a decent photo of the latest one Doug did for me. As always, outstanding work. This will go on the Roadhouse build. Thank you, Doug!

OObWTts.jpg

Awesome work! This is an inspiring thread!

Question to anyone/everyone... I would love to install a customized fender curved style heel plate. I got one to try out, but the screw holes don't line up with the holes on the Warmoth plate and my body & neck. So I can't use it.

I need one that matches the upper front and both back holes. Is there a curved one that will fit the three main holes?

(PS - I just need to drill the fourth hole and my vintage-modern neck heel will allow this mounting.)

@muns53 The Fender curved plate does not fit Warmoth bodies, as the screw placement would go into the side adjust of the modern construction necks.

Are you fitting this to a Fender body that needs the curved Fender plate. You can get them from Fender or I am sure Doug could make you one. But if you are not putting it onto a Fender body that needs a curved plate why would you want to use one?

muns53 said:
Awesome work! This is an inspiring thread!

Question to anyone/everyone... I would love to install a customized fender curved style heel plate. I got one to try out, but the screw holes don't line up with the holes on the Warmoth plate and my body & neck. So I can't use it.

I need one that matches the upper front and both back holes. Is there a curved one that will fit the three main holes?

(PS - I just need to drill the fourth hole and my vintage-modern neck heel will allow this mounting.)
Yes, there are some curved plates that don't fit Warmoth, I don't remember what those fit, but they don't fit Fender pattern. I have a chrome one that will fit, but as you said the fourth hole will have to be drilled. Unless you have a neck with the side adjuster.

Can anyone guess what I'm making? I made one a long time ago, but have since lost the original program. So I started over... :dontknow:
30039299357_69ba821a1c_b.jpg

Back