Custom neckplate

I doubt that I'd ever want a skull & crossbones, but the thought of changing the plate outline from the traditional rectangle is interesting.

DangerousR6 said:
Wow, tough crowd, I thought that was a cool idea... :-\
It's definitely a cool idea, but much like Kevin, a skull and cross bones just ain't my thing. But I'm also equally sure there are those who won't be able to live without one!  :headbang1:

Cagey said:
I doubt that I'd ever want a skull & crossbones, but the thought of changing the plate outline from the traditional rectangle is interesting.
That was the whole idea, the change in the shape, not the fact it's a skull and crossbones..But personally I do like the skull and crossbones... :toothy12:

BigSteve22 said:
DangerousR6 said:
Wow, tough crowd, I thought that was a cool idea... :-\
It's definitely a cool idea, but much like Kevin, a skull and cross bones just ain't my thing. But I'm also equally sure there are those who won't be able to live without one!  :headbang1:
I have another one in mind, just haven't made it yet.. :laughing7:

Count me in the crowd that likes something outside the box, or in this case, the rectangle. There should be a bunch of designs that would fit an "X" shape. Waiting to see what else you have in mind.

The other plate I was working on, just a prototype more or less...
42057566725_abedbc5a2c_b.jpg

th

:icon_biggrin:

I like it - it's got a nice tough look without being cheesy. (Says the guy who actually has a skull and crossbones on the back of his Warmoth build - but mine is kind of tongue in cheek)

This is better than the bones one. Just about anything will work. You could also cut a "Z", "H" or many other shapes to work with the four screws. Good direction you're headed, there.

Rgand said:
This is better than the bones one. Just about anything will work. You could also cut a "Z", "H" or many other shapes to work with the four screws. Good direction you're headed, there.
Yes, possibilities are abundant... :icon_biggrin:

The typical fan grille might look like some cool cryptic symbol and check all the boxes. Add or subtract at will

5pcs-Gdstime-80x80mm-Stainless-Steel-Metal-Grill-Net-For-80mm-x-80mm-8cm-3-inches-Fan.jpg_640x640.jpg

Fender.Fan said:
Got my neck plate today from Doug, absolutely amazing! Super happy with it!
Never heard anyone say they weren't happy with Doug's work. Stellar as usual!  :icon_thumright:

Apologize I can’t scan this thread well as I’m on my phone and so, so lazy -

but hey DR6, need to know if there’s any issue engraving into an EMG metalworks chrome/steel pickup. Very light etching

Thanks

Back