Custom neckplate

line6man said:
On TalkBass, it's customary for mods to close threads that go over a thousand posts and start continuations.
Every forum is run different !!
For instance here dosen't seem to do stickies.

Updown said:
line6man said:
On TalkBass, it's customary for mods to close threads that go over a thousand posts and start continuations.
Every forum is run different !!
For instance here dosen't seem to do stickies.

I suppose this forum moves slowly enough that most people wouldn't mind it.

As long as the database and server can handle the load (which it should) I see no reason to end the thread.

And why should a 1000 posts be the turning point for that anyways? 

Some fora software doesn't handle long threads well, they can be slow to load, slow down the board for everyone else is the server is busy pulling queries for 2 years ago every time someone looks at the thread. A long thread doesn't have to be a drain on resources though. What I find more interesting than the post count is..

139904 views. Congrats Doug - wtg. Got some dedicated groupies and a heavy saturation of the forums. (And congrats to Tonar as well - his are spread out over different threads, but these two guys have done a standout job of making side business off an internet forum, better than I've seen done on any other forum I've been on over the last 15 years.)

DangerousR6 said:
But this isn't just a thread, it's an epic journey... :party07:

Indeed it is; I'm chattering like a face of 8" x 4" of figured maple on the jointer for mine to show up in the magic street box!  (that little bit of stupidity came from this weekend's laziness of not wanting to walk around to the stupid planer...)

I echo the congratulations for making a service desired and worthy of what is essentially a giant time sink with a bit of takeaway knowledge thrown in for good measure.  Not complaining or whining cuz I've been bitten too!

Trevor and Patrick, got something for you guys... :icon_biggrin:
photobucket-12862-1338882745121.jpg

photobucket-12590-1338882543748.jpg

Color/finish doesn't wear off. Even if you scratch/gouge it, it's still brass.

Back