Custom neckplate

Hi DangerousR6,

Any news on what happened with the turtle idea? I just read (I think) the whole thread, but it seemed to vanish from the discussion.

Chris of Arabia said:
Hi DangerousR6,

Any news on what happened with the turtle idea? I just read (I think) the whole thread, but it seemed to vanish from the discussion.
As far as I know Gregg presented some pics I sent him to Ken Warmoth, and I guess he wasn't interested.....  :dontknow: 

DangerousR6 said:
Chris of Arabia said:
Hi DangerousR6,

As far as I know Gregg presented some pics I sent him to Ken Warmoth, and I guess he wasn't interested.....  :dontknow:   

Ken was making two assumptions:

1) Carving throught chrome and gold plating may result in it the plating lifting where the edges are sharp.
2) He was worried that the price would be too high.

Those last ones with just the outline of the W may be the ticket, but we'd have to see one first hand. Before that, Dangerous may want to PM me bulk pricing in orders of 100+ per color to see if it is even viable for Warmoth to resell. So with that, PM me Mr. D!  :icon_biggrin:

Ok peeps, got a couple of chrome "W"'s lying around here. If anyone wants one. Also got a brushed gold one machined out type...
2451150540_69e6b2b634.jpg

Ted said:
Kick ass.  :headbang1:

How do I pay? ?  :icon_thumright:
Through paypal, but I ain't made it yet, I just got the program finished and  I'm still waiting on some more blk plates to come in. They should be here early next week I hope. I'll pm you my paypal info.... :laughing7:

Check these out, they are blank plates right now. But they are Uber special, these are made from some leftover aircraft grade 5 titanium or 6AL-4V that I had from a earlier project. Was thinking about doing some W's. Or may save for custom designs.... :dontknow:
2465608283_8e1c14cb8f.jpg

That looks good, and would be the perfect plate for what I have in mind... unfortunately the design I have in mind is probably too detailed to do...  :tard:

Yamtx said:
That looks good, and would be the perfect plate for what I have in mind... unfortunately the design I have in mind is probably too detailed to do...  :tard:
You are probably right, cause Ti is very dificult to cut. Nothing to detailed will fly....But lets see what ya got..... :dontknow:

DangerousR6 said:
Yamtx said:
You are probably right, cause Ti is very dificult to cut. Nothing to detailed will fly....But lets see what ya got..... :dontknow:

aah quit yer whinning, it's not that dificult to cut, not more than stainless in my experience. hint, a center drill tends to be much tougher than a small endmill and are great for etching designs.

Hey DangerousR6,
Great work there  :headbang1: I just ordered my 1st build and need a neck plate in chrome (dont like the crappy blank ones) could you do me one with  ' Macca s/n181264' and if so how much ?
Cheers
Sean

DiMitriR33 said:
DangerousR6 said:
Yamtx said:

aah quit yer whinning, it's not that dificult to cut, not more than stainless in my experience. hint, a center drill tends to be much tougher than a small endmill and are great for etching designs.
Actually most stainless that I've worked with were realatively easy to cut., mostly 316, 303, and 440. Grade 5 titanium really isn't that hard to machine as long as you use carbide, or super sharp hss. But if the tool starts to dull at all or you take to big a cut it's over...now grade 2 titanium is much softer and gummier than grade 5 because it is an "unalloyed titanium. And has a tensil strength less than half of grade 5.

And center drills are ok for doing some shallow lettering, but I only use them if I want that chamfered look, or for just cleaning up the edges. :eek:ccasion14:

Back