Custom GD Gold Top

DangerousR6 said:
GoDrex said:
hehehe yeah you would think so right? Nah, I think once I do that Explorer I'm done with guitars. If it works out well, like it should, I'll be very satisfied.

I've heard so many people say the Invader sucks, so if I don't like it the JB will go in it's place... and then I'll unload the Invader somehow...
I've got a SD Invader, I think it's badass I love it. Especially in drop D it's really Chunky chips Ahoy.  Turn the treble and the mid's up and the low's down to about 4-5..And the gains all the way up... :icon_thumright:

Well I'm going to try swapping it in today if I get a chance. I think it's going to work just fine.  :icon_thumright:

God damn motherfuckin shit! :doh:

Well I finally found a reason to dislike my Parker. I knew it had to happen evntually. I've had it 3 years with no issues... until today.  The way it's set up, the pickups are screwed right into the wood - no pickup rings. That's fine - BUT - the way the pickup routes are, they will only accept THEIR kind of pickup with triangle shaped feet. SD's have square feet. And the crazy thing is a ton of their high end models use SD pickups!. But no  - I can't upgrade my cheapo version without either snipping the feet on my SDs OR making changes to the routes on the body - which would then require me to put pickup rings on to cover up the wood (and also because the screws going into the wood are too fat for the holes on the SDs).

Why does everything have to suck?

I really wanted to hear those pickups in that guitar today. Looks like I'll have to build an SG after all. :tard:

GoDrex said:
God damn motherfrickin shite! :doh:

Well I finally found a reason to dislike my Parker. I knew it had to happen evntually. I've had it 3 years with no issues... until today.  The way it's set up, the pickups are screwed right into the wood - no pickup rings. That's fine - BUT - the way the pickup routes are, they will only accept THEIR kind of pickup with triangle shaped feet. SD's have square feet. And the crazy thing is a ton of their high end models use SD pickups!. But no  - I can't upgrade my cheapo version without either snipping the feet on my SDs OR making changes to the routes on the body - which would then require me to put pickup rings on to cover up the wood (and also because the screws going into the wood are too fat for the holes on the SDs).

I really wanted to hear those pickups in that guitar today. Looks like I'll have to build an SG after all. :tard:
Man that sucks..... :(

GoDrex said:
Like I posted above, donations are welcome. ;)

Don't cry that much  :icon_biggrin:
I'm brazillian = third world!
icon_razz.gif

Serious: Yeah a broken string is not big problem with tune-o-matic alive, but a broken "weld" alive would be a pain in the ass, but, as you said don't play that hard time on stage, would be not a big issue too...  :icon_biggrin:

GoDrex said:

Sad news, but good news too, new guitar coming  :redflag: :laughing7:

GoDrex said:

Would it be that big of a deal to trim the feet on the pup?  :icon_scratch: :dontknow:

DocNrock said:
GoDrex said:
God damn motherfrickin shitee! :doh:

Would it be that big of a deal to trim the feet on the pup?  :icon_scratch: :dontknow:
That's what I was thinking but he said the screws for the parker are bigger than the holes in the SD. So he would have to also drill and re-tap the holes too. Which I guess would be a big deal... :dontknow:

DangerousR6 said:
DocNrock said:
GoDrex said:
God damn motherfrickin shiteee! :doh:

That's what I was thinking but he said the screws for the parker are bigger than the holes in the SD. So he would have to also drill and re-tap the holes too. Which I guess would be a big deal... :dontknow:

So let me know if I have this correct.  The original pups are mounted to the underlying wood and there are no pickup rings.  You'd have to trim the pup feet to fit the routes.  The holes in the SD are too small for the screws that held the original pups to the wood.  You'd have to mount pup rings (drilling the top of the body) to be able to mount the new pup. 

The solution for me would be easy, but I like pup rings.  I'd just drill pilot holes for the pup rings and mount the pups to the rings.  That would let you try out the Invader, as well.  While you're at it, it sounds like you might need to swap out the neck pup, since the holes in the stock pup foot would be too large for the mounting bolt.

Even if you didn't like the Invader, you'd now be set up for any humbucker you wanted, after you trimmed the feet, however.  :icon_thumright:

I'm not really thinking of it as a problem to be solved. I'm just going to leave it.

Well yeah - - the Explorer won't happen until at least '09 - - probably late... and then we're looking at '10 or '11 for anything else. That was always the plan anyway.

oh yeah - - here to try and get me to spend more money - - you're just shills for Warmoth I tell ya hahaha!!

Back