Current Warmoth lead times?

JohnnyHardtail said:
EDIT:  My order shipped on 5/25.  Received in Australia on 5/31.

Not sure what's crazier... that yours has shipped--and mine still hasn't--or that yours made it to Oz so quickly!

I have always had good transit times from Puyallup WA, to Sydney.  UPS seem to know what they are doing.

The length of the wait time was not an issue for me.  I was obviously hoping that Warmoth would maintain the same level of quality I received in the past.  The parts I received are exactly to my spec, appear extremely well made and beautifully painted.  I feel privileged because of the quality and care that has been used to make them.

Went to Warmoth stat bodies page, sorted by "all" on March 15, website finished sorting June 4. Now sorting by weight will report back

jay4321 said:
Went to Warmoth stat bodies page, sorted by "all" on March 15, website finished sorting June 4. Now sorting by weight will report back

That is too funny!  I know what you mean.

It took me a while to realize that the page  giving you the iption to custom build or select an in-stock body actually had the bodies below!  I was pressing the "showcase" button, hoping it would take me to the showcase page.  I only saw the bodies after a decent waiting time. Lol

Custom body with finish and hardware shipped today in about 13 weeks (ordered June 16), seems like they are catching up over there at W.

Custom body with finish and hardware shipped today in about 13 weeks (ordered June 16), seems like they are catching up over there at W.
Excellent! I hope 🤞 mine is on the early arrival time frame 😃

Last edited:
My unfinished body and finished neck took 11 weeks from order to door.

I just sent the body out for finishing. It's gonna be another 4 weeks.

Then, figure another week or two for final setup/fret leveling/ nut cutting.

Hey, it's still way quicker than waiting on a custom build from a boutique company.

Back in August, I ordered a custom unfinished body (Strat body, SSH, Floyd cutout, lightweight Swamp Ash) and was quoted 3 - 4 weeks. I elected to send in the Floyd Rose studs instead of just paying the extra $25 to purchase a new pair through Warmoth. What I didn’t know was that the clock doesn’t start until they receive the studs. So the next day after ordering the body, I went to the local Post Office and mailed them off First Class. The studs finally arrived at the Puyallup Post Office a week later. Then the USPS carrier went to Warmoth to deliver the studs three days in a row after 5 PM and of course Warmoth had already closed. The USPS carrier finally arrived at Warmoth before 5 PM on the fourth attempt. All in all, it took a week and a half for the studs to arrive at Warmoth. At that point, Warmoth started the clock. So in my case, the 3 - 4 weeks is turning out to be 4.5 - 5.5 weeks. For my next project, I’ll be sure to just add the $25 studs to my initial order and save a week and a half.

They must have got a new mailman. Sent mine by the cheapest method ... No problems.
When I spoke to Warmoth Customer Care, they said it started happening a few years ago. It’s hit or miss. Sometimes they come during normal business hours, other times they come after 5. I just happened to get unlucky!

Placed an order for custom, finished body and neck (and other goodies) Sept 16, status changed today from "pending" to "in process" does that mean work has just started? I'm okay with that, wasn't expecting to get it until the new year, but i wouldn't be upset to get it earlier

Ordered August 18 custom body with finish and a neck no finish but binding and stuff… still pending. Will report. At the time it said 16-18 weeks. I feel a slight tingle in my behind, hoping it a sign!

'Just ordered another body today. My past orders have always arrived in 3 to 4 weeks. I wonder how long this one will take.
:unsure:

I was wondering about something ... I ordered a MXR / Analogman Duke of Tone, just after they were sold out in October and I was wondering, assuming worst case scenario, how long it would take to get the pedal.
Using November 1 as the start date ...
Assuming they have the parts,
1 day to make it
1 day to pack it
1 day to box it
1 day to put it on truck
2 days to the port
14 days in a warehouse waiting for a container
75 day to load the container and to cross the ocean
14 days to unpack due to backlog
7 days in the distribution warehouse.
7 put on a truck and off to Sweetwater
3 days to shelve at sweetwater
1 day to pack
1 day to UPS
7 days to me
That's over 100 days! That's not until February 15th. Ugh.

I wonder if it will be better than sliced bread or cooking with gas. Anyone own one and can tell me about it's awesomeness?

Last edited:
Article on shipping ...
Less stuff from China, more from Europe. They seem to have forgotten about America's massive need for more Duke of Tone. Instead of putting my Duke of Tone on the next boat, the shippers have cancelled my boat! Damn. I ask what demand collapse, I need my Guitar Gear!

I did some quick math on the space of one of those shipping containers and depending on how you slice it, it will take between 50K to 100K of pedals to fill a shipping container. How long does it take to make 50,000 pedals? I think my estimate of one day is little optimistic.

I did some quick math on the space of one of those shipping containers and depending on how you slice it, it will take between 50K to 100K of pedals to fill a shipping container. How long does it take to make 50,000 pedals? I think my estimate of one day is little optimistic.
Ya know, I could always make a clone of that duke of tone for ya... I ship in quantities of one.

Back