Current Warmoth lead times?

What's the lead time on guitar bodies in stock in the showcase? I'm assuming if no mods are done to the body it would ship out relatively quick but what about the bodies that require options to be selected like "your choice tremolo" and changing a SSS route to HSS?

xlunchxboxx said:
What's the lead time on guitar bodies in stock in the showcase? I'm assuming if no mods are done to the body it would ship out relatively quick but what about the bodies that require options to be selected like "your choice tremolo" and changing a SSS route to HSS?

The email I got on Monday says:
Hardware Orders Ships in approx 2-3 business days (M-F)
Pickguard Orders Ships in approx 3-4 business days (M-F)
Showcase Items not getting paint Ships in approx 5-6 business days (M-F)
Showcase Items getting paint Ships in approx 4-5 weeks
Build to Order Items not getting paint Ships in approx 4-5 weeks
Build to Order Items getting paint Ships in approx 8-10 weeks

My showcase body not getting anything shipped in 2 days. I'm guessing that the answer is likely on par with build to order not getting paint, simply because the operation flows through the same people.

Also for anyone else coming across this, I have an update from Warmoth directly.

Guitar's with finishes: AS OF 6/2/2021
Delayed Time:
2 weeks behind schedule
Binding or more complex finishes: Up to 6 weeks behind

Start to End Completions Times:
Best Case: 8-10 weeks
Typical: 10-12 weeks
Up To: 16 weeks.

Got this back in an email, hopefully that will help some people curious about completion time. If anyone from paint works here, thanks for the hard work! I know the pandemic has hit you guys hard.

Whoa!  :doh: That is quite a back-up they have at the moment! A good problem as long as people don't mind waiting! My body is 8 weeks in as of today, but it's getting dyed and bound, so it will probably take closer to the 16 week mark.  :blob7:

No worries though, I have waited ten years to build my dream guitar, I can wait a couple months more. I have everything else ready to go!

I got my shipping notice this evening.

I ordered on March 6th, shipped on June 11th. That’s 13 weeks and 6 days. ….and of course it’s arriving the week I’m on vacation, but it’ll be waiting for me when I get back, and then it’s build time.

ChrisMC said:

I ordered on March 6th, shipped on June 11th. That’s 13 weeks and 6 days. ….and of course it’s arriving the week I’m on vacation, but it’ll be waiting for me when I get back, and then it’s build time.

Glad to hear it, I'm at week 12. Ordered march 20th, but it's got binding and a burst finish, not a solid piece, custom bridge route, and exotic wood neck. So I'm... Impatiently patient for it.

My second order is a mahogany gloss white king V with a normal maple neck back shot satin white peg face gloss. No binding, nothing overly fancy. Very curious to see how much faster that goes.

ChrisMC said:

Good to hear! I shouldn’t be too far behind you then. But just like you said, it’s looking more and more like mine will arrive as I leave for vacation in a couple of weeks.

The Aaron said:
swarfrat said:
I wonder if they have Krispy Kreme donuts in Puyallup...

Many years ago there was one about three miles down the road from us. It was the only one anywhere.

I remember it was a badge of honor to show up to some function with boxes of Krispy Kreme, and talk about how long the line was. The convo usually went something like:

"Wow....Krispy Kreme! Hey everybody, Sid brought Krispy Kreme!"
Sid (thumping chest): "Ya, the line was six miles long, and took three days."

It's a Panera now, I think.

Soup anyone?

At the old bike shop the mantra was "No one holding donuts is ever late."

Back when I was herding cats for a living I got into the habit of bringing breakfast treats (croissants etc). in to the friday morning meeting.  Cats that were late, did not get any.  I always had excellent attendance  :)

:turtle:

I placed a custom neck and body order work paint on March 21st and was notified it will arrive on June 15th. Just wanted to share my time frame. Hang on there if you're waiting, they're working on it.

I think Warmoth have done better than the industry average for lead times for custom made gear, especially through 2020 & into 2021.
I ordered 2 necks in 2020 & yes there was a delay. But what would anyone expect from 2020?

I had also ordered through a retailer, some stock standard DiMarzio Super 2 pickups during the worst period for NY State in 2020 and that pickup took literally months to arrive. I don't blame DiMarzio, not at all, what happened in NY State during 2020 was a tragedy and I bet they tried their best to keep their workforce safe.
Even today, with the industry being classified non essential and needing to cut down on staff, things are slower than say in 2019.
And at least Warmoth is upfront about the challenges they face.
I've been mislead by what some manufacturers have put up on their website. A pickguard took WAY too much long to get to me from a maker, even though they stated no significant delays at the time.
A pedal manufacturer with a custom shop option has basically flipped me off with a request just recently. I emailed on their contact section, they replied they'd ask their custom shop people (but they claim a workforce of only 12!), and despite a follow up email asking "what's up?" they still haven't replied WEEKS later. Yet they will hand out new custom models to YouTubers to review, go figure. In the meantime, I've spent that money elsewhere, so even if they now respond, it's too late.

Lotyboy said:

I placed a custom neck and body order work paint on March 21st and was notified it will arrive on June 15th. Just wanted to share my time frame. Hang on there if you're waiting, they're working on it.

My order was March 22, so maybe I’ll get a notification this week :)

captainsmooth said:
Lotyboy said:

My order was March 22, so maybe I’ll get a notification this week :)

March 20th here. can't WAIT.

Ordered a lefty jazzmaster modern neck, maple and rosewood, with stainless steel frets and no finish on April 18th. Got an email today saying it didnt pass quality control and they have to start over. Looking at another 2-3 weeks.

I'm excited for the next chapter of WCP.  :blob7:
I am purposefully delaying my next purchase until after the new website.  :sad: :toothy10: :guitaristgif:

baljnm said:
Ordered a lefty jazzmaster modern neck, maple and rosewood, with stainless steel frets and no finish on April 18th. Got an email today saying it didnt pass quality control and they have to start over. Looking at another 2-3 weeks.

Bummer for the delay, but very nice to know their quality control is working perfectly! I think I speak for everyone when I say I'd rather wait for a perfect neck than get a janky one faster!

SeaGroomer said:
baljnm said:

Bummer for the delay, but very nice to know their quality control is working perfectly! I think I speak for everyone when I say I'd rather wait for a perfect neck than get a janky one faster!

I agree I'd rather wait for a quality product.  :icon_thumright:

But time is running out for the deadline of the next web installment.

Has anyone seen UpDown?
Does he know about this next chapter?

SeaGroomer said:
baljnm said:

Yeah, no, I totally agree. Bummed that it shouldve shipped by now, but glad its going to be perfect, just like my other 4 W necks.

Currently at week 13, no updates from the guys. Can't check order status because of new site :c

I might be looking at being in the 14-16 weeks category.

On the plus side if warmoth chills out next year I'll get guitars twice as fast lmao

Just hard to wait  :sad:

Week 14 here… also no updates other than “your order is progressing normally.” Would’ve preferred something specific like, “it’s just started paint,” or “it’s headed to QA.”

It’ll definitely be worth the wait. I’m just terrible at waiting lol.

Back