Current Warmoth lead times?

Isurus

I placed a custom neck order (no finish) almost 6 weeks ago.  I know Warmoth is currently indicating a possible additional 2 weeks build time on orders which would put this build at anywhere between 4 and 7 weeks.  The delay is totally understandable and I'm thrilled that Warmoth is busy.  But I'm anxious as hell to receive it; like a kid waiting for Christmas morning.

Anyone else place a custom neck order recently?  If so, how long did it take?

I ordered a custom unfinished body on January 7th that was delivered on February 12th.  I was surprised as I expected it to take longer.

Bill, tgo

Ordered a custom neck with finish on 1/3/2021. Got an email saying it should be at my door on Monday March 1st. It shipped out on Feb 26th.

So that's about right, eight weeks  from beginning to end.

Bye

I was pleasantly surprised at my lead time.  Ordered both a neck & body (both custom, not Showcase), plus hardware on Jan. 20.  Got word that the 3+3 set of tuners sold out between the time I ordered and when the neck & body were complete enough to ship, so they offered to swap with individual pieces instead.

The downside is they wouldn't be in a single box (oh, horrors!).

That was on Wednesday this week.  I got the UPS notification of shipment yesterday.

So 1/20/21 -> 2/26/21.  5½ weeks.  About a week and a half earlier than I was expecting because of the backlog.

Doesn’t the website say add 2 or 3 weeks?  They ship so many they know the time frames.  Their might be outlyiers, sooner or later depending.

I ordered  custom roasted maple strat conversion neck with 6150 Gold frets on January 16 and recieved it February 26th.

And I must say I am impressed! the fret work is perfect, the neck is perfect, and its quite amazing what a difference it made compared to the neck I used in the meantime while building this parts caster.

Attachments

• IMG_000359.JPG
    IMG_000359.JPG
    712.5 KB · Views: 346
I ordered 3 custom necks on 1/21 which puts me in week 5. That isn't much help to what you are asking, except to say that I'm in the same boat: eagerly awaiting!

I had to order a new neck on January 21th after returning a custom built one (LSR nut slot unfortunately cut way too deep), I have not yet seen a shipping notification but I'm crossing fingers it's coming soon ;-)

I ordered an unfinished neck and body on January 4th, and haven’t herd anything. March 1st starts the 8th week. I guess I need to follow up with Warmoth.

Sean6247 said:
I ordered an unfinished neck and body on January 4th, and haven’t herd anything. March 1st starts the 8th week. I guess I need to follow up with Warmoth.

I bet one is done and the other is nearing final stages. I can't recall if Warmoth recently stated that they will ship multi part orders when all parts are completed and not separately.

musicispeace said:
Sean6247 said:

I bet one is done and the other is nearing final stages. I can't recall if Warmoth recently stated that they will ship multi part orders when all parts are completed and not separately.

This is the current notice you are asked to accept currently.

The sustained high volume of orders due to the ongoing Covid-19 pandemic has forced us to implement the following changes:

Order changes will delay your order significantly. If you want the quickest turnaround time you must make sure that your order is correct when you place it. If you do require a change it must be submitted via EMAIL to sales@warmoth.com. Include your order number and a detailed description of your change request.
NO combined shipments. Every order you place will be shipped separately. If you wish to keep shipping charges to a minimum you must make sure all the items you want are on a single order when you place it.
NO split shipments. Every order will be shipped out in its entirety when all items are complete. If you would like in-stock items to ship before custom items, you must place them on separate orders.

For the time being, please also expect:

Orders will take up to 2 weeks longer than published lead times.
Response to email will take up to 4-5 days.

stratamania said:
musicispeace said:
Sean6247 said:

This is the current notice you are asked to accept currently.

The sustained high volume of orders due to the ongoing Covid-19 pandemic has forced us to implement the following changes:

Order changes will delay your order significantly. If you want the quickest turnaround time you must make sure that your order is correct when you place it. If you do require a change it must be submitted via EMAIL to sales@warmoth.com. Include your order number and a detailed description of your change request.
NO combined shipments. Every order you place will be shipped separately. If you wish to keep shipping charges to a minimum you must make sure all the items you want are on a single order when you place it.
NO split shipments. Every order will be shipped out in its entirety when all items are complete. If you would like in-stock items to ship before custom items, you must place them on separate orders.

For the time being, please also expect:

Orders will take up to 2 weeks longer than published lead times.
Response to email will take up to 4-5 days.

I’ve seen the notice, which is why I have not called them yet. Today is the first day ( start of week 8) which is outside of their guideline. I’m not upset. I was a bit surprised to read of several people who placed their order after mine and have had them filled.

There are going to be outliers.  Their stats are probably based on the median order.

I contacted Warmoth today and was informed my neck didn't pass their quality control and had to be rebuilt. Evidently, when that happens, it goes to the back of the queue. The told me the third week of March.

Wow, that really blows.  Hard to believe you'd get put to the back of the queue for a QC issue on their end.  Seems like you should right to the top of the list, no?

When did the notification first go up about the COVID delays they were experiencing?  It's six weeks today since I place my order.  I don't remember that notification being active at that time, but it's possible I just missed it.

Isurus said:
When did the notification first go up about the COVID delays they were experiencing?  It's six weeks today since I place my order.  I don't remember that notification being active at that time, but it's possible I just missed it.

I remember seeing it right at the 4-5 week point of my build (right when I was expecting my order to be shipped). So around the first week of February.

Isurus said:

Sean6247 said:
I remember seeing it right at the 4-5 week point of my build (right when I was expecting my order to be shipped). So around the first week of February.

It's been there for almost an entire year, ever since they were in full shutdown in Washington state, and is in few locations on the site, including a pop-up notification when a user arrives at the main page. The delay time gets updated periodically, but the message has been consistently displayed.

Isurus said:
Wow, that really blows.  Hard to believe you'd get put to the back of the queue for a QC issue on their end.  Seems like you should right to the top of the list, no?

Well, 3rd week of March doesn't sound exactly back of the queue.

Sean6247 said:
I contacted Warmoth today and was informed my neck didn't pass their quality control and had to be rebuilt. Evidently, when that happens, it goes to the back of the queue. The told me the third week of March.

I actually think that is a good thing as a showcase neck I have recently received I was going to send back for QC reasons. In the end I am going to fix the issues myself as being in Europe there is more time and expense involved for all concerned and a risk of further customs whether valid or not.

docteurseb said:
Isurus said:

Well, 3rd week of March doesn't sound exactly back of the queue.

I just found out about it today.... It failed QC on Feb 12.

Back